Joe Dallesandro in Vacanze per un Massacro (a.k.a. MADNESS) 1980 PT 2
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 9, 2011
An excerpt from a rare film Joe Dallesandro did in italy for Director Fernando DiLeo in 1980 called VACANZE PER UN MASSACRO.
A husband and wife (Gianni Macchia and Patrizia Behn) go to their country cottage along with the wife's younger, university-student sister (Lorraine DeSalle) with whom the husband is having a secret affair. They run into an escaped convict (Joe Dallesandro) who has hidden a cache of money in the cottage. The convict gets the upper-hand over the husband and holds the trio hostage, having his way with both of the women. It doesn't really end well for anybody.
Although it was directed by the respected Italian genre director Fernando DiLeo, this is actually an Italian "terror film",a sleazy and disreputable cycle films that involve lower-class cretins brutalizing, raping, and generally terrorizing wealthy bourgeois-type characters. These films were all indirectly influenced by the notorious American film "Last House on the Left", but the more proximate influence was no doubt other Italian films like "Late Night Trains" and "Hitchhike". These films differ somewhat from "Last House" and the American "rape-revenge" films in that they generally have a little less gory violence and trade more in humiliation and softcore sex. The victims in the Italian films are often unsympathetic hypocrites who might be as bad or even worse than their lower-class assailants. Most controversially, the (invariably sexy) female victims in these films almost always manage to develop a case of sexual Stockholm's syndrome either willingly having sex with one or more of their attackers, willingly having sex with one and getting raped by the others (a la "Straw Dogs"), or worst of all getting raped but ending up enjoying the experience.
Lorraine DeSalle plays the sexual Stockholm syndrome victim here. But she's such an amoral, grasping, nymphomaniacal character to begin with, who is willing to betray her sister and manipulate both of the men in any way necessary in order to get her own hands on the money, that her character doesn't come off as particularly offensive (just not very believable). The wife is a good character and the husband is OK (albeit totally unsympathetic). \This is better than any of the Italian "terror" films except "Hitchhike" and "Late Night Trains" (but that's not much of a compliment). It's better made, but far less harrowing than "House by the Edge of the Park" (although the gorgeous DeSalle, who was in both films, somehow manages to have even more nude scenes in this one). It's not nearly as good though as any of DiLeo's police thrillers or his better sexy melodramas like "Being Twenty" and "The Seduction". I'd still recommend it I guess, but keep your expectations kind of low.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:23 Joe Dallesandro: Perfectionby MilesMinter112,454 views
- 5:06 Joe Dallesandro in ONE WOMEN'S LOVER (Donna e Bello) 1974 PT 1by Little Whore Records18,058 views
- 9:37 Non c'è due senza Treja -Parte 1/11-film su Calcataby Dario Iosimi577 views
- 4:10 Trashby Elisa Vale de Campos10,478 views
- 9:55 1979 Divine and Tom Snyder 2by Ednay Arkspay3,110 views
- 7:00 THE GREAT ECSTASY OF ROBERT CARMICHAEL (sample scene)by marciopasiotto9,047 views
- 5:04 Andy Warhol's "Lonesome Cowboys" wrestling sceneby Melissa Powers35,944 views
- 2:55 Joe Dallesandroby tvfangs108,270 views
- 30 videos Play all Warholby GarycomUK
- 9:59 Andy Warhol Superstarsby GarycomUK7,751 views
- 10:21 Arena: Tales of Rock 'N' Roll - Walk On The Wild Side (1993) Part 1by WillTube19903,179 views
- 8:20 1979 Divine and Tom Snyder 1by Ednay Arkspay15,203 views
- 2:26 Joe Dallesandro in Vacanze per un Massacro (a.k.a. MADNESS) 1980 PT 1by Little Whore Records5,864 views
- 15:00 [Edward Furlong] The Crow: Wicked Prayer - #2by MsZiyiGongYeoh26,245 views
- 2:03 La Bestia Uccide a Sangue Freddo - TRAILER - Fernando Di Leoby trailersdaculto4,097 views
- 10:17 Joe, Flesh.by PolichinelaAzul37,725 views
- 4:28 Je T'Aime...Moi Non Plus - Joe D'Alessandro & Jane Birkinby MonsieurLunatique54,676 views
- 1:23:31 Paixão Selvagem (1976) (i: -18 anos)by LeLe70Lucas138,379 views
- 2:03 Joe Dallesandro in The Streetwalkerby GarycomUK31,082 views
- 19:59 Straw Dogs 1971: The siegeby holmleighnyd234,849 views