Do Norway terrorist attacks unveil new fascism in Europe?-Islam & Life-06-07-2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 8, 2012
Anders Breivic, the biggest mass murderer in Norway's recent history, is on trial. On a per capita basis, Norway lost many times more innocent lives than the US did in 9/11 or the UK in 7/7. He used his right to address the court to warn against what he called the "Islamisation" of Norway. He claimed that his action was an act of "self-defence" against what he called "state traitors" who opened Norway to multiculturalism. His tropes such as "Eurabia" that in far-right literature refers to the "Arabisation" of Europe, alarmingly resonates even with supposedly mainstream politicians.
Nicolas Sarkozy in his campaign for French presidential election, fuels the anxieties over immigration and the influence of Islam. He even promised to ban halal food in state schools. Believing that a religious minority is an "internal threat", a threat to so called "Western civilisation" and to its ethnic purity and the idea of "treacherous corrupt elite" are familiar themes for anyone who knows about the history of fascism in Europe.
Only this time, the "international Jewish conspiracy" and the Jewish plot to dilute European racial stock has given its place to Muslim's "demographic jihad" in far-Right rhetoric's. The fascism of 1920s and 1930s used the already existing anti-Semitism in Germany to get the public support and win the elections. It looks like their successors today, use Islamophobia in pretty much the same way. This week's Islam and Life asks: Do the Norway terrorist attacks unveil a new fascism in Europe?
Watch this video on our Website: http://www.presstv.com/Program/245176...
Follow our Facebook on: https://www.facebook.com/presstvchannel
Follow our Twitter on: http://twitter.com/presstv
Standard YouTube License
- 4:59 Fashion For Fascism: Europe looks far right as immigrant flow fuels tensionby RT Featured 10,712
- 24:15 Why is anti-Islam discourse on the rise in Europe?-Islam & Life-05-31-2012by PressTVGlobalNews7,108 views
- 24:20 Why are politicians silent about fire attacks targeting mosques?-Islam & Life-04-05-2012by PressTVGlobalNews759 views
- 24:12 How can Muslims be more influential in European political life?-Islam & Life-05-03-2012by PressTVGlobalNews888 views
- 11:14 Gavin Boby, Brussels 2012 - Stopping Mosque Building In Europe - How & Why - مسجدby NowLearnAboutIslam68,098 views
- 3:31 Fascists Establish Anti-NWO Kindergartens All Over The Baltic Statesby EuropeanWatchman21,713 views
- 1:33:04 [BEST EVER] Christians Converted To Islam After Ex-Christian Lecture 2012-2013 [HD]by ozkorallah1000456,374 views
- 1:38 Iran's boats vs. Phalanx (CIWS)by NotRussiaToday707,254 views
- 26:09 Rise of the far-right extremism in Europe-A Simple Question-05-16-2012by PressTVGlobalNews10,487 views
- 19:25 Ayatollah Khamenei:Islamic revolutions from Yemen to Bahrain to Egypt, Libya, and Tunisia. PRESS TVby sunrise200498563 views
- 24:39 What makes the French left's approach to Islam different?-Islam and Life-03-15-2012by PressTVGlobalNews1,967 views
- 24:36 Far-right terrorism-News Analysis-08-03-2011by PressTVGlobalNews2,983 views
- 24:29 Halima Stevenson-My journey to Islam-11-29-2011by PressTVGlobalNews53,302 views
- 24:45 History of Islam in Britain-Islam & Life-12-15-2011by PressTVGlobalNews1,194 views
- 25:18 Is it right to interpret Quran with modern academic theories?-Islam & Life-02-09-2012by PressTVGlobalNews1,780 views
- 5:07:32 MoreThan 69 Miracles of ISLAM, that none can Deny .by Astonishing CreatorSignsAndProofs375,036 views
- 24:37 Saudi Arabia: Is protesting for democracy un-Islamic?-Islam & Life-09-22-2011by PressTVGlobalNews3,101 views
- 24:38 Why are Muslims represented as the 'bad guys' in western movies?-Islam and Life-10-27-2011by PressTVGlobalNews2,077 views
- 24:24 Ideal image of women in Islam-Islam & Life-12-22-2011by PressTVGlobalNews1,295 views
- 24:55 Burqa ban in Italy-Islam & Life-09-08-2011by PressTVGlobalNews928 views
- Loading more suggestions...