Uploaded on Apr 7, 2010
How to make Korean style seasoned raw beef.
The full recipe is on my website: http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/yukhoe
Ingredients (for 4-6 servings):
380 grams (18 OZ) filet minon (tenderloin), Korean pear, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic, black ground pepper, salt, pine nuts, roasted sesame seeds, endive (or lettuce).
1. Rinse filet minon under a little cold running water and dry with paper towel.
2. Wrap it in a cotton cloth and keep it in the freezer for 1 hour.
3. In a bowl, add 2 cups of water and 1 tbs sugar. Stir it well.
4. Peel a Korean pear and cut it into thin matchsticks (about 3-4 cups).
5. Soak the pear strips in the bowl for 5 minutes. Then drain and set aside
1. Finely mince a dozen cloves of garlic. Put into a mixing bowl with 1½ tbs soy sauce, 1½ tbs honey (or 2 tbs brown sugar), 1/4 ts salt, 2 tbs sesame oil, and a pinch of ground black pepper. Mix well.
Put it together:
1. Take the beef out of the freezer. Cut it into thin matchsticks, and mix with the seasoning sauce
*tip: you can add green lettuce on pear strips
2. Sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds and pine nuts over top before serving.
How to serve:
You could use as an appetizer, a side dish with alcohol, or a main dish for a party.