Wunala Dreaming - A Tribute to Big Red - Abraxas Video
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 22, 2012
View in HD!
With Wunala Dreaming now gone from our skies I thought it would be appropriate to put together a tribute video for 'Big Red'. I originally planned to include every piece of footage I had of the iconic 747 but it was quickly obvious that this would be a very long video with large segments of uninteresting footage. I even thought of using the 'I Still Call Australia Home' theme in the background, but figured Wunala's engines would make for a much better soundtrack :)
The finished product is more concise than my original plan (I hope) and I've managed to include some photos to help add some variety - particularly in the final scene where I filmed Wunala's last takeoff from Australian soil with the video camera locked in position but took photographs as she departed overhead.
Widely recognised around the world, Wunala Dreaming has adorned a Qantas jet for nearly two decades. It began life on 747-438 VH-OJB in 1994 (repainted from standard livery City of Sydney) and remained on that aircraft until 2003 when she was repainted back into the standard livery and renamed City of Mt Isa. 747-438ER VH-OEJ was basically delivered in the Wunala scheme in 2003 and carried on the legacy until January 2012.
Qantas now has only one 'Dreaming' scheme remaining in the fleet, 737-800 VH-VXB, Yananyi Dreaming, but there are rumours and hints that another Qantas aircraft will wear a new indigenous livery before the end of 2012. It will have a lot to live up to!
I hope you enjoy the video! I never got to fly aboard Wunala Dreaming but I'm sure many of you have. It was always great to see her at the airport when spotting or on my own travels. Instantly recognisable and definitely Australian. Feel free to share your own Wunala experiences in the comments below, I'd love to hear them!
Read more about Qantas 'Flying Art' here: http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airli...
Cameras: Sony Digital Camcorder, Sony Handycam HDR-SR5, Canon Powershot S5 IS, Canon Powershot SX210IS, Canon 600D
Editing Suite: Ulead VideoStudio 11
Video Filmed & Produced by: Daniel Collins, Abraxas Video 2012
Standard YouTube License
- 58:58 Death of An American Dream - The Pan Am Storyby builtfa104,730 views
- 45:00 THE Boeing 747-8 [documentary]by flymilad9383,073 views
- 45:26 A380 Engine Explodes On Qantas Flight 32by BRVIDEOS2011618,810 views
- 45:00 Megafactories | Boeing 747 - National Geographic HD [EN] HDby DocumentaryHD2432,988 views
- 12:23 ABC Radio Interview on Plane Spotting with Sam Chuiby Sam Chui3,393 views
- 5:08 Boeing 747 vs Airbus A380by Tom Britton503,962 views
- 58:59 British Airways Boeing 747-400 in D-Checkby JDProductionsINC2,553,461 views
- 4:06 Malaysia Airlines Boeing 747-4H6 9M-MPD in Hibiscus livery arrives at LAXby Starboard7616,800 views
- 7:24 Qantas Wunala Dreaming Boeing 747-400ER - SkyMarks 400 Reviewby AusAviation1491,897 views
- 4:28 Plane Spotting at Phuket International Airport VTSPby Hidejo H577 views
- 13:11 13 Minutes Of Planespotting At Miami International Airport [HD] - January 14-15, 2012by tbird20949,927 views
- 2:17 BEAUTIFULL TAKE-OFF (MALAYSIA AIRLINES) BOEING 747-400 @ SCHIPHOLby dutchvolvofan383,343 views
- 2:15 American Airlines 777 and TAM Airlines A330 parallel landing into JFK Airportby AllThingsAviation1,649 views
- 35:28 Qantas B747-400ER Sydney to DFW. Hard landing in DFWby Leyordy AirplaneLike13,915 views
- 11:12 Cockpit 747-400 Miami Night Departure and Take-off.by FsXPgM417,225 views
- 9:59 Qantas Airbus A380 engine failure over Batam Island - part 2/2by kewcomets146,020 views
- 9:59 Qantas Airbus A380 engine failure over Batam Island - part 1/2by kewcomets290,371 views
- 7:09 Boeing 747 VS Airbus A380by Littleboy083047,462 views
- 8:36 Qantas long haul In-flight experienceby GermanSpottingHD58,220 views
- 5:39 Virgin America Airbus A320 - LA to New York - Awesome view of Manhattanby AusAviation1491,188 views
- Loading more suggestions...