Media vs "Gun Culture"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Dec 25, 2012
Some random thoughts on recent events and our "Gun Culture." If you hate guns and gun owners, please go elsewhere; this is not your forum or blog. This is a shooting channel.
One of the key points I wanted to make here is that for millions of Americans, guns are as common as golf clubs, baseballs & gloves, or any other sporting equipment people have around the house. Other than the obvious need to be careful with them, as with vehicles, matches, gasoline, etc., I regard them as nothing different from anything else. When visiting friends or relatives over the decades, it's nothing for me to throw in a few firearms to take along that I know they might enjoy seeing or shooting.
I'm lucky to live in the United States, as well as in a "free state." For example, I might visit a gun shop today, literally, and perhaps see a gun I want to purchase. If so, it will take about five minutes to do the paperwork and get the background check online. I'll bring it home and be shooting the gun within minutes. It's just not a big deal. This is what so many people cannot relate to, I suppose, especially if they've grown up in a family or country where firearms are considered "dangerous" and just not around much. Having grown up in Kentucky and Tennessee, firearms for me are as much a part of life as fireworks, basketball, football, or boating. The fact that there are some "bad" or "crazy" people in the world who murder, rape, steal, torture, stab, shoot people, etc. just has very little to do with me. I do NONE of those things and have no inclination to do so. I am very thankful I have the easy means to prevent any of that from happening to me. I understand if your experience is far different from mine, but I'm darn sure not going to allow you to determine how I live MY life.
By the way, a few facts:
The "AR" in AR15 stands for Armalite Rifle; they introduced the rifle.
Semi-automatic rifles and technology have been around for over 100 years.
An "Assault Weapon" is a firearm capable of full-auto fire. These are already very highly regulated and require a long waiting period and Federal Stamp. Virtually none of the ARs and AKs in gun shops, gun shows, and citizens' hands are "Assault Weapons," of course.
Gun-Free Zones serve as "Easy Murder Zones" for any psychopath who chooses to do it.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:33 FPSRUSSIA VS HICKOK45by HICKOK45Featured 767,264
- 15:27 Home Defense: Double Barrel Shotgun vs AR15by HICKOK45 375,807 views
- 11:50 Serbu Super Shorty 12 Gaugeby HICKOK45 787,108 views
- 27:05 Ruger American .308by HICKOK45 198,700 views
- 26:29 UTS 15 Shotgunby HICKOK45 1,471,423 views
- 6:21 Why the Navy SEALS use the Sig Sauer P226 Pistol.by mixup98 319,717 views
- 24:35 Tokarev 7.62 x 25by HICKOK45 245,291 views
- 19:21 MP40 Submachine Gunby hickok45 208,795 views
- 16:29 Legal Carry (Female Perspective)by HICKOK45 373,373 views
- 21:49 1895 Nagant Revolverby hickok45 144,823 views
- 10:45 KSG vs UTS 15by hickok45 394,870 views
- 34:47 Kel -Tec KSG 12 Gauge Shotgunby HICKOK45 223,945 views
- 16:48 Wilson Combat Border Patrol (Remington 870)by HICKOK45 192,528 views
- 10:41 Caliber Basicsby HICKOK45 182,488 views
- 30:08 FN Five-seveN 5.7X28mmby HICKOK45 371,699 views
- 24:43 Makarov 9x18 ( Russian Military Model)by HICKOK45 214,470 views
- 23:34 The First Hickok45 Video ( Previously Unreleased)by hickok45 216,930 views
- 17 videos Play all Basicsby hickok45
- 15:54 Steyr AUGby hickok45 293,226 views
- 23:32 Browning Hi-Powerby HICKOK45 646,984 views
- 28:46 AR-15 Cleaningby hickok45 182,564 views