24 hours for MSF/Doctors Without Borders - 8/9th September 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 23, 2012
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian
organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict,
epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare.
MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999.
Here are 2 short videos explaining what MSF is and what work it does.
MSF in 40 seconds:
Introduction to MSF:
If you wish to find out more about them then here is a link to their UK website (although you should be aware that they have headquarters throughout the world):
Over the last 3 years we have raised over $100,000 for MSF/DWB.
We will be holding another event this year, taking place over the weekend of 8/9th September.
Durint the show you will see familiar faces and a lot of new faces. You'll also see things you have never seen before!
A full schedule of those appearing and the events taking place will be posted in a few weeks time. In order to be the first to know keep checking the website and subscribe to the posts and comments"
THE DONATION PAGES FOR THIS YEAR'S EVENT ARE OPEN AND ARE HERE:
The justgiving page is:
(If you use the justgiving page and you are resident in the UK then please make sure that you claim the gift aid.)
The firstgiving page is:
These sites were suggested to us when we first started these events, suggested to us by the charity itself. They are official sites that collect and transfer the money directly to MSF/DWB. Noone involved with this event can handle the money. It goes directly to the charity.
Further, no one involved in this event makes any money out of it. We all give our time and effort for free.
THE MAGIC SANDWICHSHOW WEBSITE IS HERE:
The MSF/Doctors without Borders page on that site is here:
Over the last 3 years over 25% of all donations has come through items donated on ebay.
If you have anything that you would like to donate to ebay please send us a message here:
We will do all the hard work for you. All you need to do is tell us what you would like to donate and we will do the rest. All you will have to do is put it in the post once someone has paid for it.
PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!
Feel free to mirror/fav this video. (If you do mirror it please include the links in the description.)
This video can be downloaded from here:
There will always be some people who will think that this event is a scam. If you are one of those people then please contact the fundraising department of MSF UK, or better, the Head of MSF UK, (Marc Dubois, who has appeared on the last 2 shows).
I am sure that they/he will be happy to address your concerns! Their number is 44 (0)207 404 6600.
- 28:22 Dr. Sungenis humiliates Matt Slickby Theologica3722,998 views
- 14:06 Man made god - Part 2 - moralityby dprjones11,418 views
- 13:49 1st Eric Hovind Commentary (2/4)by King Crocoduck9,090 views
- 3:58 The craziest claim by a creationist - EVERby dprjones259,241 views
- 52:11 Creationism In and Outside of the USby RationalHumanism14,291 views
- 13:49 God is not good - Part 1 - William lane Craigby dprjones50,943 views
- 1:33:46 Living in Emergency: Stories of Doctors Without Borders (MSF)by RASyared55,218 views
- 4:49 Hungarian Ages-turanian time line 2/1.by HungarianHistory2,236 views
- 28:53 Stealing Photons and Hopefully Souls - Filming in Publicby Charles Veitch16,622 views
- 17:49 Sac to Win - The King's Indian - FM Raptis vs NM Stewartby OnlineChessLessons.NET4,952 views
- 11:04 Plinkett Star Trek Review Compiliationby theunicorner10,126 views
- 58:58 Traffic.C38 1of1by ukpolice433,897 views
- 8:51 Christopher Hitchens on Question Time (Part II)by dstpfw242,895 views
- 1:30:01 Atheist Experience #371: The Christian Breeding Programby DonBakerTheAtheist2,357 views
- 3:39 Wholly Crap! Vol 4 - Miraclesby Qillz2,065 views
- 13:40 Reason Rally, Prof. PZ Myers Speechby killerbud42024712,102 views
- 11:03 The arrogance of being thick as a brickby dprjones192,964 views
- 9:46 STEVE MARRIOTT INTERVIEW: LIVE FROM LONDON, 1985by Babyhowdy23373,377 views
- 9:21 Could this be the best "T"-shirt on the planet? (please mirror)by dprjones8,171 views
- 6:26 Dara O'Briain: Science doesn't know everythingby BoreMeScience294,113 views
- Loading more suggestions...