The Titanic - The Irish Rovers
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 20, 2012
The Irish Rovers - The Titanic, written by George Millar
From the album, Drunken Sailor (Rover Records, 2012)
Purchase CD http://goo.gl/PVWN6 buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/NRzjb Irish Rovers website: http://theirishroversmusic.com/page/i...
George Millar from CBC Documentary, The Pride of Belfast (also on YouTube), "to me it was saying, that it's almost in the mists of time. It's still out there and it's still pounding across the ocean somewhere."
The Irish Rovers' tribute to the pride of Belfast, the men and boys who built her at Harland and Wolff shipyard, the heroes who sailed her, and the legacy she leaves us today. "Irish pride was at its highest, and the sinking devastated the shipyards, and its workers. To this day they say with a wry smile, "She was alright when she left here!""
The sinking of the RMS Titanic is one of the largest peacetime maritime tragedies in history. The legend of this mighty ship has both intrigued and haunted Rover, George Millar all these years. That may be because he shares his birthday of April 14, with the date the ship met its icy end on her maiden voyage a century ago. For this landmark album, he wrote this tribute to The Titanic. The song gives us a feeling of descending the ocean depths to meet the great ship at her resting place, then she quickly sweeps us away on a journey to her glory days, charging across the high seas. "Being from Northern Ireland and born on April 14th, the legend of the Titanic has been with me all my life. It took the labour of fifteen thousand Irishmen to build her - she was the pride of Belfast," says Millar.
A Behind the Scenes Video by Jennifer Fahrni
Thanks to Image Sources:
Michael W. Pocock, Maritime Quest - US Library of Congress Archive - Virginian Pilot, Norfolk, VA - The Evening World, New York, NY - The Sun, New York, NY - New York Tribune, New York, NY - The Day Book, Chicago IL - The Times-Dispatch, Richmond VA - The Washington Times - Belfast Telegraph Website, The Belfast Telegraph, Belfast, N. Ireland - National Museums Northern Ireland - Collection Ulster Folk and Transport Museum - Spirit of the Titanic by Nicola Pierce - Titanic Belfast.
Standard YouTube License
- 46 videos Play all YouTube Mix - The Titanic - The Irish Rovers
- 6:57 Irish Rovers - Finnegan's Wake - Come by the Hills.mp4by ST40TV Featured 45,085
- 16:34 IRISH ROVERS Celebrate (Pt 1) 30 Years Togetherby ST40TV5,631 views
- 19:12 Titanic - Project Management Blundersby projectlessons20,034 views
- 6:40 "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" - Gordon Lightfoot (HD w/ Lyrics)by Zeezy1,635,250 views
- 6:39 The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgeraldby Joseph Fulton6,159,154 views
- 10:18 real titanic pictures - real pictures of the rms titanicby Paris Anderson155,422 views
- 9 videos Play all The First of the Irish Roversby taez555
- 3:31 The Irish Rovers - The Day The Tall Ships Cameby austrianceltic34,645 views
- 5:07 Dunluce Castle, The Irish Roversby jjfahrni14,331 views
- 3:23 The Unicorn - The Irish Roversby jjfahrni151,311 views
- 3:47 Irish Rovers-Whey, hey and up she risesby John Kenton65,848 views
- 2:53 The Irish Rovers - The Boys Of Belfast - With Lyricsby DropKickUnicorn35,369 views
- 2:39 Drunken' Sailor - Irish Rovers - Lyrics ,by VenomousNewfie621,106 views
- 2:23 The Irish Rovers - The Belle of Belfast Cityby ThePubOnTheCorner101,479 views
- 5:40 Oh They Built the Ship Titanic to Sail the Ocean Blue - P.M.Adamsonby Peter M. Adamson34,762 views
- 3:52 The Irish Rovers - Waltzing Matildaby Jessica Brandsma26,567 views
- 3:22 The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn Songby XxMrBlondexX2,000,051 views
- 6:54 Riverdance the final performanceby Waleed Al-Ashari10,500,721 views
- 6:24 Irish Rovers - The Gypsy Rover.mp4by ST40TV10,655 views
- 6:18 Titanic orchestra "Songe d'Automne"by Ericah8192,211 views