The Titanic - The Irish Rovers
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 20, 2012
The Irish Rovers - The Titanic, written by George Millar (Red Maddie Music / SOCAN) From the album, Drunken Sailor (Rover Records, 2012)
Purchase CD http://goo.gl/PVWN6 buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/NRzjb Irish Rovers website: http://theirishroversmusic.com/page/i...
George Millar from CBC Documentary, The Pride of Belfast (also on YouTube), "to me it was saying, that it's almost in the mists of time. It's still out there and it's still pounding across the ocean somewhere."
The Irish Rovers' tribute to the pride of Belfast, the men and boys who built her at Harland and Wolff shipyard, the heroes who sailed her, and the legacy she leaves us today. "Irish pride was at its highest, and the sinking devastated the shipyards, and its workers. To this day they say with a wry smile, "She was alright when she left here!""
The sinking of the RMS Titanic is one of the largest peacetime maritime tragedies in history. The legend of this mighty ship has both intrigued and haunted Rover, George Millar all these years. That may be because he shares his birthday of April 14, with the date the ship met its icy end on her maiden voyage a century ago. For this landmark album, he wrote this tribute to The Titanic. The song gives us a feeling of descending the ocean depths to meet the great ship at her resting place, then she quickly sweeps us away on a journey to her glory days, charging across the high seas. "Being from Northern Ireland and born on April 14th, the legend of the Titanic has been with me all my life. It took the labour of fifteen thousand Irishmen to build her - she was the pride of Belfast," says Millar.
A Behind the Scenes Video by Jennifer Fahrni
Thanks to Image Sources:
Michael W. Pocock, Maritime Quest - US Library of Congress Archive - Virginian Pilot, Norfolk, VA - The Evening World, New York, NY - The Sun, New York, NY - New York Tribune, New York, NY - The Day Book, Chicago IL - The Times-Dispatch, Richmond VA - The Washington Times - Belfast Telegraph Website, The Belfast Telegraph, Belfast, N. Ireland - National Museums Northern Ireland - Collection Ulster Folk and Transport Museum - Spirit of the Titanic by Nicola Pierce - Titanic Belfast.
Standard YouTube License
- 44 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 42:49 The Last Signals (TITANIC INDEPENDENT FILM)by Thomas LynskeyFeatured 210,645
- 3:38 The Irish Rovers- Johnny I hardly knew yeby Mahaim13 239,689 views
- 1:10:56 Titanic - Birth.of.a.Legendby evilwarcow 472,911 views
- 2:40 The Irish Rovers - Pat of Mullingarby austrianceltic 17,524 views
- 1:35:53 Titanic: Death of a Dream (1994) A&E Special - Part 1by LostWhiteStarLiners 457,045 views
- 68 videos Play all THE IRISH ROVERSby gerguna1
- 8:48 Titanic Era Music 1 - Songs the Ship's Band Playedby ThoughtTraveler 50,278 views
- 2:32 The Irish Rovers - Donald, Where's Your Trousers?by FunkyardDogg 361,867 views
- 3:45 Irish Rovers-Black Velvet Bandby John Kenton 246,200 views
- 6:13 Irish Rovers-Liquor in the wellby John Kenton 28,036 views
- 3:23 The Unicorn - The Irish Roversby jjfahrni 112,165 views
- 3:24 The Irish Rovers, Kitty The Rose Of Kilrea.wmvby oldirishladdie 23,104 views
- 21:44 IRISH ROVERS on Prince Edward Island.mp4by ST40TV 5,948 views
- 2:23 The Irish Rovers - The Belle of Belfast Cityby ThePubOnTheCorner 72,884 views
- 3:26 Titanic - Nearer My God to Theeby titanicclips123 1,825,470 views
- 6:24 Irish Rovers - The Gypsy Rover.mp4by ST40TV 7,008 views
- 3:00 Christmas in Killarney - The Irish Roversby jjfahrni 62,976 views
- 2:49 The Biplane Evermore-Irish Roversby WCFL1000 18,934 views
- 2:00 The Irish Rovers - Patsy Faganby austrianceltic 595,732 views
- 7:35 IRISH ROVERS- Black Velvet Band - Will Ye Go Lassie Goby ST40TV 9,436 views
- 2:33 The Irish Rovers - Jolly Roving Tar -by animalrandy 40,047 views
- Loading more suggestions...