Uploaded on May 7, 2010
Edinburgh side St Bernards graced the Scottish League from 1893-1914 then 1921-40, with the club being based at the Royal Gymnasium in the Stockbridge area of Edinburgh from 1924 onwards.The ground boasted an impressive grandstand which could be accessed from the rear, via a bridge from Royal Crescent. The gates which led to the bridge are still in place (0:41 on the footage).Much of the site of the Royal Gymansium is now built over, although a sizeable portion was converted into the King George V Public Park. In 1994, a plaque was placed at the entrance to the park in commemoration of the club's Scottish Cup win 100 years earlier.
Standard YouTube License