Rohani to improve business, production
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 28, 2013
Iranian presidential candidate Hassan Rohani says he will improve the situation of business and production in the country if elected in the June presidential election.
"You know that all these problems in the economic sector, of which you named a few, as well as similar problems in other sectors, are rooted in the issue of management and the efficiency of the administration. But in the field of economy, the solution for all problems is productivity," Rohani said on Monday.
The reformist candidate made the remarks in a televised interview with IRIB channel 2 news program.
Rohani added that obstacles in the way of production can be resolved with short- and long-term planning.
"If we can resolve [the problem of] economic productivity, the problem of unemployment will also be resolved," he said.
When asked about his opinion about the economy of resistance, Rohani said, "An economy of resistance does not mean austerity, just as the revered Leader of the [Islamic] Revolution stated. An economy of resistance means we should move toward domestic production; an economy of resistance means we should pursue our economic goals."
Rohani, who is the president of the Expediency Council's Center for Strategic Research, also commented about the 2009 post-election unrest in Iran, blaming it on what he called extremism.
Rohani is facing seven rivals in the upcoming election. Tehran Mayor Mohammad-Baqer Qalibaf, Former Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Velayati, lawmaker Gholam-Ali Haddad-Adel, Secretary of the Supreme National Security Council Saeed Jalili, Secretary of Expediency Council Mohsen Rezaei, former First Vice President Mohammad-Reza Aref, and former Telecommunications Minister Mohammad Gharazi are also running for president.
Iranians will go to the polls in the country's 11th presidential election on June 14.
The president of Iran is elected for a four-year term in a national election, and the Guardian Council vets the candidates.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:10 Iran hopefuls spotlight foreign policyby PressTVGlobalNews614 views
- 2:26 Hassan Rohani becomes Iran's new presidentby PressTVGlobalNews28,492 views
- 5:23 Election Bulletin - May 27, 2013 - 21:00 GMTby PressTVGlobalNews407 views
- 6:44 Election Bulletin - May 27, 2013 - 10:00 GMTby PressTVGlobalNews373 views
- 1:49:41 فیلم کامل گزارش صد روزه حسن روحانی به مردم rouhani 100 roozby iranianpolitics11,739 views
- 14:52 BANISADR, کودتاي ارتش در جنگby YekEsfahaniDarParis3,953 views
- 32:16 December 5 2013 Is Israel preparing for a preemptive strike on Iran??? 1 of 2by u2bheavenbound13,974 views
- 27:33 Hassan Rohani speech in United Nation General Assembly (Farsi)by AussieNews1515 views
- 13:29 Banisadr + Shariati, بني صدر ـ علي شريعتي ـ خمينيby YekEsfahaniDarParis10,645 views
- 4:04 Iran President Gives Reporter History Lesson He'll Never Forget (English Translation)by MMEMonitorMideast21,653 views
- 31:57 Saeid Jalili election speech IRIBby IranianTVMedia93 views
- 59:03 History of Modern Iran: Rogue State | BBC Documentaryby DocumentaryNation233,921 views
- 1:00:24 Interview with Hasan Rohani (6 11 2013) - گفتگوی انتخاباتی با حسن روحانیby TVIrani.com192 views
- 59:07 History of Modern Iran: A Nuclear Islamic Republic | BBC Documentaryby DocumentaryNation122,818 views
- 14:03 Interesantes palabras del presidente de Iran. La versión que los gringos ocultan.by UnidadCivicaCuitzeo48,575 views
- 24:27 Profiles: Iran election candidates , Iran's Guardian Council has approved eight candidatesby 16Azar891,646 views
- 6:41 BANISADR, بني صدر - IRAN ELECTION, دختر خميني دروغ ميگويدby YekEsfahaniDarParis8,998 views
- 33:49 '9/11 was an inside job': Full speech by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at UNby RT951,117 views
- 4:40 IRANIAN BEAUTIFUL GIRLS (HD Quality)by NostalgikTV.com1,652,662 views
- 24:31 Prince Reza Pahlavi's interview with RT Network - Iran's Electionby Reza Pahlavi21,477 views
- Loading more suggestions...