Theme from the Titanic played on the Eigenharp Alpha
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 18, 2012
Update: The Max/MSP code for interfacing with the Eigenharp is now described and available at a new site, http://max4eigenharp.com
This is a demonstration of the Eigenharp Alpha under the control of patchers developed with MaxMSP. Raw data (key presses, key movement) is sent via OSC from a lightweight EigenD setup into MaxMSP where it is first converted into row/col data and then interpreted as if the keys were tuned like the first 5 strings of a guitar. The keys of the Eigenharp are amazingly sensitive allowing extremely expressive control over synth parameters.
The main MaxMSP environment supports a collection of VSTs and effects that can be loaded on the fly and external devices (synths and effects pedals) can also be routed through the system. The accompaniment is a wave audio file that can be started or stopped from the Eigenharp. It is derived from a MIDI file that was turned into audio tracks with the solo instruments muted.
The images are hard to see so here is a link to a full-sized screen shot of the MaxMSP environment I"m using.
The upper area with a light blue background represents a particular "song" and contains routing information for MIDI and audio. The group of connections on the right of that section controls the LEDs on the Eigenharp. Rows 2 and 14 are red and rows 6,18, and 22 are green. This provides me with usual navigation, much like the white dots one finds on a guitar neck.
The area below represents a collection of VSTs instruments and effects that are globally available. Depending on what system I am running, I might have a different number of these available. Further, it is possible to have extras inside "song" patchers, which is the way I used to do it.
Information about how the Eigenharp data is processed from Max can be found at http://deskew.com/blog/using-max-with...
More details of the development of this particular Max environment can be found in a four part article (so far) that starts at http://deskew.com/component/content/a...
Standard YouTube License
- 5:12 Jackie Evancho singing Angel on Canada's Got Talentby kdr65Featured 145,069
- 8:53 Eigenharp demonstrationby Eigenharp: The Future Of Music 191,274 views
- 16:57 Eigenharp Tau from scratch 2: Piano, tonics and scalesby Geert Bevin 759 views
- 9:24 Eigenharp range demoby eigenlabs 36,436 views
- 1:00:09 Eigenharp Alpha - Guide des fonctionnalités en Françaisby Geert Bevin 2,368 views
- 20 videos Play all Eigenharpby gbevin
- 11:49 Dragica Kahlina - Klanggeschichten aus der Eigenharpby JoodyTV 467 views
- 5:09 Kayla Kavanagh ~ Eigenharp Alpha @ Edinburgh Fringe 2011by Kayla Kavanagh 5,833 views
- 3:43 Model Titanic Sinksby DMcCaskey 1,197,836 views
- 2:54 Eigenharp Alphaby ComstockLBC 1,452 views
- 1:50 Emulating Pink Floyd sound effectsby David Jameson 1,276 views
- 7:15 Musical Playtime: Eigenharpby Attack of the Show 54,460 views
- 1:02:05 Eigenharp Clubhouse 29by Geert Bevin 148 views
- 10:05 Eigenharp Developers Conference 2012by Eigenharp: The Future Of Music 1,988 views
- 4:57 Eigenharp Pico - Live smooth jazz sax improvisationby Geert Bevin 27,535 views
- 3:03 Lament from Riverdance performed on the Eigenharpby David Jameson 8,709 views
- 10:18 Eigenharp Roadshow - Air Studiosby eigenlabs 94,358 views
- 7:32 1st my live performance with the Eigenharp alphaby noba064 6,636 views
- 5:50 Eigenharp Pico - 1st entry for the 'Win an Alpha' competitionby stuwyatt 3,400 views
- 9:34 Eigenharp: instrument of the future?by musicradartv 50,180 views
- 5:13 Stand by me (fourth entry for the Eigenharp contest)by Carlos Toro 6,000 views
- Loading more suggestions...