Pink Floyd - The Final Cut (with lyrics)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 29, 2008
Musically, much of The Final Cut has little connection with the familiar Pink Floyd sound, featuring little in the way of synthesisers or extended instrumental passages and with many of the arrangements focused around acoustic instruments such as acoustic guitars, piano, brass, string quartets and full orchestrations, although the album does also feature some heavier, hard rock songs which have arrangements and an overall sound similar to many tracks on The Wall.
The Final Cut was Pink Floyd's lowest selling album since Meddle (although it still sold three million copies, and reached #1 in the British album charts). Opinion on The Final Cut remains divided - while the album has on occasion been voted the worst Pink Floyd album in fan polls and is held in low regard by some fans and critics, others have suggested that the album contains some of the most powerful and moving songs in the band's catalogu
Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this
moment in time
And far from flying high in clear blue skies
I'm spiraling down to the hole in the ground where I hide.
If you negotiate the minefield in the drive
And beat the dogs and cheat the cold electronic eyes
And if you make it past the shotgun in the hall,
Dial the combination, open the priesthole
And if I'm in I'll tell you what's behind the wall.
There's a kid who had a big hallucination
Making love to girls in magazines.
He wonders if you're sleeping with your new found faith.
Could anybody love him
Or is it just a crazy dream?
And if I show you my dark side
Will you still hold me tonight?
And if I open my heart to you
And show you my weak side
What would you do?
Would you sell your story to Rolling Stone?
Would you take the children away
And leave me alone?
And smile in reassurance
As you whisper down the phone?
Would you send me packing?
Or would you take me home?
Thought I oughta bare my naked feelings,
Thought I oughta tear the curtain down.
I held the blade in trembling hands
Prepared to make it but just then the phone rang
I never had the nerve to make the final cut.
"Hello? Listen, I think I've got it. Okay, listen its a HaHa!"
If listened to closely, this song can be seen as a kind of epilogue to Pink Floyd's album The Wall. Lyrics in the song refer to selling the narrator's story to Rolling Stone and revealing his dark side, which can allude to the time he spent in self imposed exile behind his wall.
Another lyric in this song tells of a point where the narrator will tell a seeker what is behind the wall, where the words "the wall" are covered by a shotgun blast.
Standard YouTube License
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 4:30 The Fletcher memorial home - pink floydby federico pereyraFeatured 194,810
- 39:28 Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run (1975) Full Albumby AnthonyVardaro3 223,799 views
- 5:11 Learning to fly - Pink Floyd (High Quality)by Canal de ronaldyoung 3,498,825 views
- Official Pink Floyd 83 videos91K
- 3:58 Pink Floyd - Breatheby Knightsofwibble 1,880,741 views
- 10:28 Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamondby jaguarguitar's channel 12,972,301 views
- 5:00 David Gilmour Wish you were here live unpluggedby ReGilmour 8,241,940 views
- 27 videos Play all Final Cut Pro Tutorialsby AppleShakeGuru
- 6:21 Pink Floyd - Echoes Live at Pompeii Part 1by dsmajid 2,797,235 views
- 3:22 De los pagos del tiempo - Jose Larraldeby leonsuelto 230,195 views
- 6:44 Pink Floyd - Coming Back to Life - Division Bellby Yaci100 5,467,637 views
- 5:31 Pink Floyd-Maroonedby trichoone 10,795,368 views
- 8:30 Roger Waters Amused to death It's a miracleby Sunday Ash 236,437 views
- 3:40 Pink Floyd - Empty Spaces (The Wall Movie)by floydiantheo 1,130,746 views
- 7:49 Pink Floyd - Careful With That Axe Eugeneby marxxx33 2,411,015 views
- 5:12 LEARNING TO FLY PINK FLOYD (WITH LYRICS)by agn8ess 825,541 views
- 6:30 Pink Floyd - One Of These Daysby PinkFaux 3,354,960 views
- 4:02 Ed Sheeran - You Need Me, I Don't Need You (Official Video)by Ed Sheeran 17,460,092 views
- 40:12 Pink Floyd - The final Cut Album -Demo Version- Fullby pinkrudy 9,393 views
- 7:33 Pink Floyd - Keep Talkingby Marcelo Coimbra 679,481 views
- 8:03 Pink Floyd - High Hopes (Live)by wHiteFantasy 1,103,256 views
- 5:14 Pink Floyd - Lost for wordsby sigma6PinFloyd 1,894,978 views
- Loading more suggestions...