Published on Apr 7, 2012
This is single patch improvisation recorded in one pass with no edits using Tone2's virtual Synthesizer Saurus. A single instance of Saurus is used with no other effects or editing other than what is built-into the synth. I'm starting with a factory patch in the "Lead" bank called "1970s Soloist H". I only touch the computer once during the performance in the middle to turn up the gain in the mod matrix so that LFO modulates pitch.
Prior to recording I mapped all sorts of parameters to my Novation Remote SL MK II Keyboard.
- XY map to Filter and Rez
- Bank 1 of the top 8 knobs are mapped to filter parameters and OSC Balance
- Bank 2 of top 8 knobs are mapped to effects parameters
- Bottom row 8 knobs are MIDI mapped to Oscillator noise type AM/FM, LFO Speed, Glide rate
- The first 4 sliders map to the volume ADSR
- The next 4 sliders map to filter ADSR
I used my projector to paint my wall with Saurus to the knob movement you see on the wall is in real-time and corresponds to my controller movement.
Electronic Music Artist, Boulder CO
Synthesist, Composer, Performer