Transhumanism 101 with Natasha Vita-More
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 5, 2012
Transhumanism is both misunderstood and feared. Ignorant people with an ideological agenda have gone as far as labeling it "the most dangerous idea." I thought that it is time to bring some basic intellectual clarity on the topic and who is better prepared to help us do that but "the first female philosopher of transhumanism"!?
Dr. Natasha Vita-More has already been a guest on Singularity 1 on 1. Her first interview was both interesting and popular and I very much enjoyed talking to her about her life and work. This time our conversation is more focused on issues strictly related to transhumanism and the basics thereof, so I thought I'd call this episode Transhumanism 101.
During our conversation Natasha covers a wide variety of topics such as: Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and the effect it had on transhumanism, science fiction and science in general; the negative perception and fear of transhumanism stemming from some more recent publications such as Bill Joy's Why The Future Doesn't Need Us and Francis Fukuyama's Post-Human Future; Natasha's definition of transhumanism; similarities and differences between transhuman, posthuman and cyborg; critical thinking as one of the basic tenets of transhumanism; important writings such as Max More's Towards a Futurist Philosophy, Eric Drexler's Engines of Creation and Carl Sagan's The Demon-Haunted World; her PhD dissertation on human enhancement and life expansion; some of the reasons that people fear transhumanism and how to turn that around; some of her upcoming projects such as The Transhumanist Reader and H+TV as well as artistic events and conferences that she supports.
One of my favorite quotes that I will take away from this interview with Natasha is her call to "Get creative about the future!"
Standard YouTube License
- 1:54:01 *New* Transhumanism, Joseph P. Farrell & Scott de Hart, The Byte Showby TheByteShowChannelFeatured 1,600
- 2:49:02 Transhumanismby kjsna1 1,356 views
- 48:12 Aliens on Earth - BBC Documentary 2013by TheTechindia 8,938 views
- 5:37:11 Transhumanism and Genetic Manipulation - Tom Horn & Steve Quayleby LiveChristMeridian 1,152 views
- 1:00:15 Building Godsby Leo Merry 1,422 views
- 12:09 Natasha Vita More on Singularity 1 on 1 (part 1)by Nikola Danaylov 3,540 views
- 9:56 Transhuman Agenda - Chemtrails are Nanotechby eyeThink11 2,961 views
- 50:57 TransHumanism P1 Mark of the Beast.divxby TheTruthnetwork2 41,031 views
- 54:03 TransHumanism Part 2The Digital Messiah.divxby The Truth Network 10,398 views
- 10:22 Deus Ex:Human Revolution and Transhumanismby MrMnmn911 24,119 views
- 12:15 Man Vs. Machine Transhumanism's Rapture Age of Avatar (Beyond 2013)by watchNpraydotNet 3,048 views
- 10:38 Peter Diamandis on Singularity 1 on 1 (part 1)by Nikola Danaylov 6,574 views
- 1:18:21 Tom Secker, Frankenstein Feminism and Transhumanism, interview Trans Resister Radioby Aaron Franz 513 views
- 1:46:12 Dr. Jeffrey Zeig - Exploring the Genius of Milton Ericksonby ericksonfoundation 9,120 views
- 10:27 The Children of Satan & the Fallen Angels: Half Human, Shapeshifters, Aliens & "Mythical" creaturesby Morning's Sunshine 635,526 views
- 1:02:06 Ray Kurzweil: What does the future look like? - SSHFby Humaid Al Ali 14,656 views
- 54:08 Brian David Johnson on Singularity 1 on 1by Nikola Danaylov 648 views
- 0:30 Ray Kurzweil: I Support Singularity 1 on 1by Nikola Danaylov 1,386 views
- 13:39 Evolution is Satanic: Exposing Satans Final War Plan, a Plan to Steal your Soul!by Two Lamp-Stands One New Man 158 views
- 6:48 Nassim Haramein Holofractographic Universe Theoryby Resourcebased 11,122 views
- Loading more suggestions...