pdf Conference 2010: Justmeans Interviews Bernard Avishai
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 7, 2010
Bernard Avishai is Adjunct Professor of Business at Hebrew University. Most recently, he was Visiting Professor at the Fuqua School of Business and Senior Fellow at the Sanford School of Public Policy at Duke University. He is former Dean of the Raphael Recanati International School and Director of the Zell Entrepreneurship Program, at the Interdisciplinary Center, Herzliya.
Avishai has written widely on intellectual capital, business strategy, and on education and the corporation, in Harvard Business Review, Fortune, Strategy and Business, and other business publications. He is also the author of a comprehensive case study for Motorola University, Motorola in China: The Duties of the Global Economy, which traces the course of the company's entry strategy in the PRC. He has written dozens of articles on politics and international affairs in The New Yorker, The New York Review of Books, The New York Times, Harper's, Fortune, and many other publications. He is author of the entry on Knowledge Management in MBA in a Box (Joel Kurtzman, ed.) Most recently, he reviewed Paul Krugman's, The Return of Depression Economics, for The Nation, and is working on the American auto industry following his cover story, "The Connected Car," about the Chevy Volt's networked ecosystem, in Inc. Magazine.
From 1986 to 1991, Avishai was strategy and technology editor of Harvard Business Review, where he brought to publication over 60 articles on quality management, technology strategy, and corporate learning. He was, from 1992 to 1996, the head of product development at Monitor Company, and from 1998 to 2001, the International Director of Intellectual Capital at KPMG LLP. He holds a Ph.D. in political economy from the University of Toronto, and has published three books on the political economy of Israel and the Middle East conflict, most recently, The Hebrew Republic: How Secular Democracy and Global Enterprise Will Bring Israel Peace At Last, (Harcourt, 2008). Avishai was awarded the John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship in 1987 for his work on the writer Arthur Koestler, which has appeared in the New Yorker, Partisan Review, and Salmagundi. He blogs at TPM Café and bernard avishai dot com.
For more information about Justmeans please visit: http://www.justmeans.com
Standard YouTube License
- 31:23 Jodi Arias FULL INTERVIEW COMPLETE HD post-verdict 05-08-13by whatchutalkinbout 41,821 views
- 27:54 Bernard Avishai on Modern Israelby AgendaStevePaikin 1,843 views
- 1:53:13 Program in Jewish Studies: Visiting Professor Lecture - Bernard Avishaiby VanderbiltUniversity 4,307 views
- 22:35 Les Horswill: A Canada & U.S. Unionby AgendaStevePaikin 806 views
- 8:03 Ram Charan - Strategy Execution Expertby speakersspotlight 12,426 views
- 50:46 Fixing the Health Care System: Duke University's Leading Health Care Scholarsby dukelaw 759 views
- 1:05:45 [Harvard Business School] Niall Ferguson Lectures on Globalisationby Henry Law 27,800 views
- 40:53 MBA Experience Day 2012: Try a Sample MBA Classby UBCSauderMBA 3,475 views
- 7:27 West bank supermarketby Bloggingheads 105 views
- 54:23 Prof Deepak Malhotra - HBS - 2012 Speech to Graduating Harvard MBA Studentsby Deepak Malhotra 136,957 views
- 16:20 Harvard University 2011 Class Day Speech by Amy Poehlerby Harvard 88,572 views
- 1:10:23 Beat The Interview - Mock MBA Interview Workshopby BeatTheGMATCommunity 9,027 views
- 7:51 Charles Ramsey interview Says He's Not A Hero He's An American!by zbvvc 203,095 views
- 14:35 10 Steps to Getting into a Top MBAby MBAPodcaster 49,950 views
- 7:34 Joel Kurtzman - Common Purpose - Part 1by ConnieMartinson 351 views
- 28:52 PdF 2010 | Bernard Avishai: Rethinking Economicsby personaldemocracy 256 views
- 4:23 The Future Revolves in Knowledge Managementby alainguillermo 16,546 views
- 1:14:09 What They Don't Teach in Business School about Entrepreneurshipby stanfordbusiness 210,451 views
- 22:26 Sheryl Sandberg Addresses the Class of 2012by HarvardBSchool 206,959 views
- 2:17 Unterwegs nach Herzlia, Israil (נסיעה בכביש להרצליה)by schalomify 242 views
- Loading more suggestions...