Published on Mar 6, 2013
VAWT Made from Wood Siding- v1
This video is about a Vertical Axis Wind Turbine (VAWT) made from mostly wood siding (Cedar). It contains some images from the first attempt (v.5) and video of the second attempt (v1.0).
It's a fun project to take on and make it from whatever is lying around your homestead.
The parts where various materials I used were:
- blades (and struts) from 1 x 8 Bevel cedar siding lumber
- the top and bottom wood circle from a cable spool
- 1 inch outside diameter aluminium shaft
- 1 inch floor flange
- 1 inch x 1-1/2 inch reducing bushing
- 2 Rare earth ring style of magnets (ebay)
- thin vinyl sheet for the blade airfoils
- assorted screws
One of the white airfoils was on the VAWT was damaged slightly when it "moved" by a family member.
Future plans: Brace the struts, upgrade the shaft, create a better mount and somehow add a generator to it. Hopefully with the second tower in the making, I get the chance to test it out.
More pictures found at the Blog http://cedarworkshop.blogspot.ca/
Feel free to comment
Music credit: Aces High Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) • Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 • http://creativecommons.org/licenses/b...
Standard YouTube License