Bill Hartman - IBM Information On Demand - theCUBE
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 23, 2012
Wikibon's Dave Vellante and Jeff Kelly invite Bill Hartman, CEO of TerraEchoes, to theCUBE,
at IBM's Information on Demand 2012 Event.
TerraEchos is a startup that develops code-based analytic technologies specifically for analyzing fast-moving data streams for security and intelligence purposes. They also provide consulting and reselling services on the IBM InfoSphere Streams computing platform.
TerraEcho allows customers to glean value from their data, offering insight on what's going on so they can take action--live in the moment. As a startup, their focus right now is the intelligence community (IC) and the Department of Defense. Hartman said that if these sectors are going to Google their center problems, they are likely to be drowned with information and can't get to the right one fast enough. What they need is a way to achieve time-critical insights on the information, and act on them, especially during difficult situations such a cyberwarfare and the protection of critical assets.
"This means that the processing we do is just means to an end," said CEO Hartman. "We started it with a problem that is extremely time critical based on multiple centers and we didn't have to wait to solve that problem until 4-5 years ago when we came across IBM Infosphere Streams. So it's a streaming technology.
"There are other streaming technologies out there but what's unique about is it's designed and is exceptional for not just streaming data but massive amounts of big, unstructured data. So what we're able to do on that is take, just for a quick example, cyber, and video, and social media."
There are a few companies out there offering real-time analytics, but TerraEchos combines a variety of data sets from disparate datacenters, analyzes them and provides actionable insight in a continuous series of "moments."
- 25:37 Bernie Spang - IBM Information On Demand 2012 - theCUBEby SiliconANGLE165 views
- 25:04 Jeff Jonas - IBM Information On Demand 2012 - theCUBEby SiliconANGLE207 views
- 23:28 Stephen Gold - IBM Information On Demand 2012 - theCUBEby SiliconANGLE159 views
- 9:59 Anjul Bhambhri, Vice President, Big Databy IBM Information On Demand135 views
- 2:35 TerraEchos Headquarters - Missoula, MTby TerraEchos213 views
- 22:36 Rob Thomas - IBM Information On Demand 2012 - theCUBEby SiliconANGLE187 views
- 22:31 Nigel Hook - IBM Information On Demand 2012 - theCUBEby SiliconANGLE195 views
- 23:02 Nancy Pearson - IBM Information On Demand - theCUBEby SiliconANGLE210 views
- 1:56 TerraEchos - Cyber / Physical Security Demoby TerraEchos218 views
- 22:38 Mark Kettering - IBM Information On Demand 2012 - theCUBEby SiliconANGLE174 views
- 8:55 Asking the Experts: Erik O'Neill on Smart Management of Reference Databy IBM Information On Demand367 views
- 1:25 TrueStream Video Analysis Demoby TerraEchos179 views
- 21:48 Paul Zikopouslos - IBM Information On Demand - theCUBEby SiliconANGLE249 views
- 18:23 Anjul Bhambri - IBM Information On Demand 2012 - theCUBEby SiliconANGLE146 views
- 6:09 Data Masking Factory: How to Rapidly Privatize Data Across the Enterpriseby IBM Information On Demand86 views
- 21:53 Daniel Blasingame - IBM Information On Demand - theCUBEby SiliconANGLE344 views
- 32:04 Craig Rhinehart and Gary McFadden - IBM Information on Demand - theCUBEby SiliconANGLE79 views
- 32:04 Inhi Cho Suh - IBM Information On Demand 2012 - theCUBEby SiliconANGLE312 views
- 19:04 Randy Kahn - IBM Information On Demand - theCUBEby SiliconANGLE142 views
- 20:19 Pauline Nist - IBM Information On Demand 2012 - theCUBEby SiliconANGLE191 views
- Loading more suggestions...