Prime Minister Of Pakistan Yousuf Raza Gillani Convicted - Supreme Court - by roothmens
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 26, 2012
Yousuf Raza Gilani MP یوسف رضا گیلانی; June 9, 1952) is the 16th and current Prime minister of Pakistan and the vice-chairman of the democratic socialist party, the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP). Gillani was nominated for the office of prime minister and became prime minister when his party formed the coalition government with Pakistan Muslim League, Awami National Party, Assembly of Islamic Clergy and Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), after his party secured a considerable victory on 2008 parliamentary elections. He is the first prime minister from the Saraiki-speaking belt,and also the longest serving prime minister with a period span of 45 months, chairing more than 100 cabinet and parliamentary sessions; the most any successive democratic government in the history of the country.
He first successfully contested 1988 parliamentary elections and has been a senior member of parliament for the Multan-IV constituency since 1988, heading the Ministry of Tourism under the government of former prime minister Benazir Bhutto. After his party wining the plurality in 1990 parliamentary elections, Gillani was nominated by Benazir Bhutto to become the 15th Speaker of the National Assembly, serving until 16 February 1997.On 11 February 2001, Gillani was imprisoned by military court instituted under by then-CMLA and President Pervez Musharraf on the accusations and charges on corruption in infamous Adiala Jail, and released on 7 October 2006.
Gillani's Pakistan Peoples Party won a considerable victory in the 2008 parliamentary elections, and with the consent of coalition government, Gillani was nominated for the office of Prime minister, taking the oath from President Pervez Musharraf on 25 March 2008. In a first inaugural session, Gillani announced the formation of the Truth and reconciliation commission, reducing the federal budget deficits, reconstruction of the troubled tribal belt, education, land, and agriculture reforms, and lifting the bans on elected labor and students' unions, followed by new energy and nuclear policy to reduce the level of the loadshedding in the country. In 2009, Gillani was ranked as the 38th most powerful person in the world by Forbes. On 25 April, 2012, the Supreme Court of Pakistan convicted Gillani for violating the Article 63(1) (g) of the Constitution of Pakistan. The verdict was given after the national supreme court founded the prime minister guilty of contempt of court for refusing to reopen corruption cases against the president, but gave him only a symbolic sentence of a "few minutes" detention in the courtroom.
On 29th March, 2012 Lahore High Court heard a petition for hearing seeking Yousaf Raza Gillani's disqualification. The plea was filed in the High Court in which the petitioner took the stance that spouse of Gilani received loans of millions of rupees from Agriculture Development Bank and National Bank and did not pay them back. The petitioner submitted that if a person's spouse is defaulter of bank loan then he is disqualified to be elected as Member of National Assembly. The petitioner further submitted that subsequently after being elected as Prime Minister the aforesaid loans were written off. Petitioner pointed out that apart from that in the Statement of Assets & Liabilities as on 30-06-2007 investment in shares by her Spouse, ownership of inherited assets and house in DHA, Lahore have not been declared. The court after hearing the petitioner has asked the Deputy Attorney General to assist the Court on next hearing date 11-04-2012
Now Today supreme court of pakistan convicted PM in this case .
Standard YouTube License
- 5:12 Geo News-Shaheen Air-Crash Landings-Detailed Report-(Karachi And Lahore)-by roothmensby roothmens39,110 views
- 1:05 Prime Minister Of Pakistan Yousuf Raza Gillani Convicted - Supreme Court - by roothmensby roothmens3,204 views
- 5:54 Bomb Blast On Lahore Railway Station (Pakistan) - Geo News - by roothmensby roothmens2,902 views
- 12:07 Bomb Blast On Lahore Railway Station (Pakistan) - Geo News Live Coverage - by roothmensby roothmens39,716 views
- 12:39 Dummy of Yousaf Raza Gilani, about Sheikh Rasheedby Citadal7,906 views
- 8:01 Azizi As Piolat First Time 2013 - Hasb e Haal Latest Episode 2013 Azizi Funny Videoby Subscribe For Pakistan Daily Talk Shows Jahaz Tv14,621 views
- 8:58 khabarnaak Dummy of Yousaf Raza Gillani and mughera song, feb 19 2012by Citadal7,097 views
- 5:46 Hilarious Yousaf Raza Dummyby bsfrombk21,047 views
- 9:58 Khabar naak Yousaf Raza Gelaniby irfan rasheed73,137 views
- 13:12 Azizi Desi Arabi Punjabi Insult (Be-Sharmi) Hasb e Haalby 'diversemr'39,780 views
- 6:22 Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gillani Charged with Conviction of Contempt o Supreme Courtby golo molo738 views
- 50:12 Shoaib Akhtar and Yousuf Analysis - Pak Vs S.A 5th ODI - 12 Nov-2013by GeoNews19,397 views
- 3:07 CJP Iftikhar Chaudhry Must Resign Now ---Supreme Court of Pakistan Exposedby getharis20,731 views
- 38:29 Hasb-E-Haal Eid Special Show with Imran Khan (16th October 2013) 16 10 2013 Full Showby pktvshows22,311 views
- 6:55 Prime Minister Gillani Protocol Vs David Cameron Protocolby shoxee0681,968 views
- 6:34 Dummy of Yousaf Raza Gilani, fun about Sikhsby Citadal3,055 views
- 2:47 Pakistan Army is Ready for Coupby Khilafat Revolution7,844 views
- 8:12 Prime Minister Of Pakistan Yousuf Raza Gillani Convicted - Supreme Court - by roothmensby roothmens7,034 views
- 2:18 Inside luxury home of Pakistan's leader Nawaz Sharifby Extra World News19,226 views
- 9:16 Sohail ahmad and sakhwat naz and amanat chan at their VERY BEST!by skylogic979,786 views
- Loading more suggestions...