How to Make Sticky Rice
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 22, 2010
Thai Recipes: How to make sticky rice without a steamer. Also known as sweet rice, gluttonous rice or วิธีหุงข้าวเหนียว You don't need a special steamer or be a professional chef to learn to cook sticky rice. We show you how to cook sticky rice with basic kitchen tools you already have at home. Our guest host is Bell who never cooked Thai food until recently and is following the recipes directly from the PDF document that you can download free from our web site. Please click on the Sticky Rice Recipe under the Rice section at the top of the page where you will find the best and easiest methods for cooking rice at home. More Thai recipes at http://cookingthaifood.com . Free Thai recipes including this Thai sticky rice recipe.
It is interesting that glutinous rice does not contain any gluten, but has the same texture and feel of foods high in gluten. Could it could be used to replace gluten in some foods? Anyway, an excellent gluten free choice for people on a gluten free diet.
Homemade Sticky Rice Cakes for TteokBokkI and TteokGuk (떡볶이 떡)
Glutinous rice (Oryza sativa var. glutinosa or Oryza glutinosa; also called sticky rice, sweet rice, waxy rice, botan rice, biroin chal, mochi rice, and pearl rice, and pulut) is a type of short-grained Asian rice that is especially sticky when cooked. It is called glutinous in the sense of being glue-like or sticky and not in the sense of containing gluten; on the other hand, it is called sticky but should not be confused with the other varieties of Asian rice that become sticky to one degree or another when cooked.
Similar to Laos, glutinous rice is also known as khao niao (Thai: ข้าวเหนียว; Lanna: เข้าหนึ้ง, khao nueng). Northern Thais (Lanna people) and northeastern Thais (Isan people), as most other Tai peoples except Central and Southern Thais, traditionally eat glutinous rice as their staple food. Glutinous rice is also used as the basis for the brewing of sato (Thai: สาโท), an alcoholic beverage also known as "Thai rice wine". Famous in Thai cuisine is khao niao mamuang (Thai: ข้าวเหนียวมะม่วง): Thai sweet coconut sticky rice with mango.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:24 ข้าวเหนียวมูน (วิธีการทำ)by MrFoodandTravel Featured 587,297
- 8:50 Learn How to Make Pad Thai Recipe Video - Thai Fried Noodles with Peanutsby CookingThaiFood87,209 views
- 5:19 How to Make Thai Iced Tea Recipe Video - Restaurant Style Thai Ice Tea Drink - No Bubble Teaby CookingThaiFood112,904 views
- 6:50 Thai Recipes Thai Coconut Chicken Soup - How to Make Tom Kha Gai Video or Tom Kha Kaiby CookingThaiFood97,138 views
- 5:58 Tom Yum Soup Thai Food Recipes - Learn How to Make Tom Yam Soup Goong ต้มยำกุ้งby CookingThaiFood235,671 views
- 10:40 Thai Sticky Rice with Mango - Thai Dessert Recipe Videoby ShowMeTheCurry.com72,103 views
- 6:36 Chinese Glutinous Rice 中式传统糯米饭by edolphinsg68,959 views
- 14:24 Hướng dẫn làm bánh khọt - bánh xèoby GIA VI THUC PHAM185,853 views
- 10:00 How to make Sushi Rice, The Proper Way. www.Sushivids.comby vraymond02261,018 views
- 48 videos Play all Food stuffsby genkigoth
- 10:18 Thai Red Curry Recipe, Thai Cuisineby ShowMeTheCurry.com195,861 views
- 8:35 Larb & Sticky Rice 1--Hot Thai Kitchen!by PailinsKitchen57,266 views
- 16:52 Thai Food Cooking Tutorial: Pad Thaiby Joy Buasi429,830 views
- 10:03 THAI FOOD pad thaiby egeefay560,445 views
- 4:20 Best Pad Thai in Thailandby flashmavi1,146,197 views
- 5:39 How to make Sesame Ballsby ltkman434,012 views
- 8:19 How To Make The Best Thai Tom Kha Gai Soup ต้มข่าไก่by RinS Cook Book22,817 views
- 4:11 How to make sticky rice นึ่งข้าวเหนียวด้วยหวด - HTK Tutorialby PailinsKitchen11,973 views
- 6:20 How to make General Tso' Chickenby ltkman1,663,896 views
- 6:16 Bánh bò - Vietnamese Steamed Rice Cake (Cow cake)by Helen's Recipes (Vietnamese Food)697,766 views