Raging Stock Cars on the Prairies - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 6, 2012
It was the first trip ever for any of the GCAT team to a motor speedway and it was AWESOME (yes, that word is capitalized because we want you to understand how much fun we had!)
When we arrived to the Auto Clearing Motor Speedway track just outside of Saskatoon, the stands were packed with cheering fans of all ages. Kids, grandparents, courting couples, business suites, bikers the audience spanned all ages and types. The cars were roaring around the track, tires were screeching, smoke was billowing, the announcer was following the action in an excited voice. The entire experience kept us tingling with excitement until the final black and white checkered flag waved frantically and the drivers took their feet off the throttle. All afternoon we never knew when there was going to be a daredevil pass, a crazy wipe out or a neck and neck finish. It was all just another day at the track at the Auto Clearing Motor Speedway in Saskatoon.
We were met, at the Speedway by Cliff, the Competition Director, where he gave us a tour around the facilities. Friendly and passionate Cliff is a volunteer at the track and loves his job. Like many of he other workers that run the races and keep the Auto Clearing Speedway going they work as volunteers out of love for the sport and passion for the racing community of Saskatoon. The entire facility is clean, safe and professional. One of the largest and best-run racetracks in Canada its success lies in the devotion and hard work of its members and volunteers. They want everyone to have a great day out and to out often. Local or tourist, man or child, race fan or just curious they invite everyone to come out and have some fun at their track.
Auto Clearing Motor Speedway has many different types of racing classes including Sport Compact Mini Stock, Pro Truck, Western Elite, Street Stock, Super Late Model, and Thunder Stock. They even have a junior series where racers as young as 12 years old drive cars. But its premier event is the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series, which was run for the first time in Saskatoon in 2009 and is a huge annual event.
If you've never been you've got to go, and if you've already gone then you know how much fun it is. The GCAT crew will guarantee you an AWESOME time!
So "Start Your Engines!" and see you at the track!
Visit our site: http://www.greatcanadianadventuretour...
Join us on Facebook and Twitter:
Standard YouTube License
- 13:19 Protrucks Feature May 12 2012by hgimn 142 views
- 3:37 Snow - A fact of life in Saskatoonby saskatooncitynews 8,477 views
- 12:44 Street Stocks racing at ACMS May 28th 2011by Wilsonracing419 426 views
- 6:58 Dan Shirley Revealing his new NCATS race carby Wilsonracing419 262 views
- 1:53 Saskatoon - Cool and Cleanby 2011gcat 1,525 views
- 3:20 The 2011 99m Racing Team Mini-Stock...The 99z "ZILLA"by Lance McKellips 8,351 views
- 9:03 HYTHE 2011 heat raceby 8IMCAAB 1,004 views
- 1:42 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canadaby virtualcanada 101,400 views
- 9:46 Rescue Drills from Saskatoon Fire & Protective Servicesby saskatooncitynews 576 views
- 2:13 Western Development Museum - Back to 1910 - Saskatoon, Saskatchewanby 2011gcat 365 views
- 8:16 Wide Open Spaces (Canadian Prairies) Episode 23by Daryl Makk 427 views
- 3:43 Saskatoon Transit - Riding the Busby saskatooncitynews 365 views
- 4:44 Cruise Weekend 2011by jasonscfr 593 views
- 2:23 Auto Clearing Motor Speedwayby BulldogMotorsports 994 views
- 3:46 Leslie & Derek - Rules of Education - An Engagement Filmby sicafilms 1,096 views
- 4:44 Restyle the Dress - Amazing Saskatoon Wedding Photographyby sicafilms 2,254 views
- 3:24 Abandoned on The Prairiesby Eldon Zigarlick 8,367 views
- 19:31 Singapore Air Show 2012 Aerial Display Highlightsby freya188 53,230 views
- 3:29 Western Saskatchewan Seedingby bog37 12,371 views
- 2:53 in car cam waikaraka park stockcar 3rd jan 2012by 12aracing 296 views
- Loading more suggestions...