SCO0275 - Scrivener 2.0 - Full Show
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 5, 2010
This week's show features one of the "go to" applications for serious writers and authors - Scrivener 2.0
However, if you're not a writer or an author, never fear, Scrivener 2.0 is a complete writing studio, suitable for many different writing tasks.
Scrivener 2.0 has an amazing depth and breadth of functionality and includes many different tools in a single application. It's a ring-binder, a scrapbook, a corkboard, an outliner, text editor and many more tools, all rolled into one. Any project that requires collecting research notes, ordering and sorting ideas, shuffling index cards and producing edited text,will benefit from the rich functionality of Scrivener, so be sure to check out this week's free show.
Scrivener 2.0 adapts to how you want to work, and is designed to "get out of your way", and let you focus on creating your text. It includes tools such as the fully customisable Full Screen View, the extremely useful split pane view and also the new Quick Reference windows and Scratchpad, to optimise your writing experience.
With rich support for collecting and viewing research information in the form of text, PDFs' images, even audio and video, Scrivener lets you keep all your related information in a single project file.
Once your text is created, Scrivener is fully loaded with tools to help you sort, organise and refine your work. Organisational tools such as the unique "Scrivenings" mode, allowing you to view and edit separate sections of your documents in a single "composite" view, as well as a CorkBoard view, helping you visualise, sort and edit your text as moveable Index cards. Scrivener 2.0 also includes a highly customisable Outliner view. You can customise all aspects of Scrivener 2.0 to fit in with your preferred way of working.
Scrivener 2.0 also protects your work with an auto save feature, automatic backup, as well as the ability to save "Snapshots" of your work as you progress, allowing you to compare versions and rollback when needed.
Once you've competed your document, Scrivener 2.0's powerful Compile feature allows you to export your document in a huge number of formats as well as allowing you to completely re-format your documents in line with many leading industry standards.
This 35 minute tutorial takes you through the basics of Scrivener 2.0 and explains the core concepts and features in a simple, easy to follow way. As well as the basics of Scrivener, I also touch on some of the more advanced features with tips and hints on how you can explore Scrivener further.
As this week's show has been sponsored by Literature and Latte, the developers of Scrivener 2.0, the show also contains a discount coupon code to receive 20% off the usual retail price of Scrivener 2.0 up to the 31st December 2010.
Contained within the show, you'll also find details of a special prize draw just for ScreenCastsOnline Extra! Members. The prize is a brand new 11" MacBook Air, the winner of which will be drawn at random from the ScreenCastsOnline membership database on 30th November 2010
Standard YouTube License
- 21:32 A visit to Astragal Press!by Edwyrd KarnFeatured 2,248
- 35:59 SCO0279 - ForkLift 2by screencastsonline 20,667 views
- 32:31 SCO0282 - Evernote V2 for Mac OSXby screencastsonline 3,573 views
- 33:51 SCO0262 - OmniFocus for iPadby screencastsonline 30,320 views
- 39:26 SCO0271 - Apple iTunes Ecosystem incl Apple TVby screencastsonline 2,449 views
- 13 videos Play all Researchby dc78
- Scrivener 38 videos1K
- 15:01 Writing a book? The top 5 reasons why Scrivener is my favorite writing softwareby Karen Prince 7,302 views
- 10:26 Scrivener Features for PhD Advice Blogby Gustavo Karakey 11,774 views
- 7:29 A Scrivener Tutorial: Outliningby Erin Bowman 9,906 views
- 5:51 Scrivener Tutorial - Import Mind Maps Into Scrivenerby Nathalie Lussier 5,522 views
- 12:22 Usar el programa Scrivener 1ª Parteby Simpatía Laboral 932 views
- 2:56 Scrivener Tutorial: Researchby FictiveU 5,379 views
- 9:37 Distraction free writing! Writeroom and Scrivener reviewby shewritesbooks 6,002 views
- 8:56 yWriter Software Tutorialby K.M. Weiland 77,716 views
- 4:56 Scrivener 2 Basics - Exporting to an eBookby davidmj13 8,170 views
- 1:40 Write Using Mind Maps and Scrivenerby TechieScheky 4,216 views
- 8:15 Scrivener and EndNoteby Micheal Axelsen 14,263 views
- 7:01 How I use DevonThink Pro - with One Database for Everythingby innov8life 25,462 views
- 5:32 Scrivener 2 Basics - Simplenote Sync *Mac Only*by davidmj13 11,227 views
- 9:59 Scrivener Basics - Introduction to Scrivener for Windows 1.0by davidmj13 5,978 views
- 4:54 Scrivener 2 Basics - Syncing with Index Card *Mac Only*by davidmj13 12,656 views
- Loading more suggestions...