Juggernaut...one more of the heavy hauling to Fort McMurray.
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 1, 2007
Here's a short clip of the rig as it prepares to negotiate a very tight right hand turn in Two Hills. All of the wheels on the Scheurle trailer units are steerable. This coker weighed in at 456,000 kg (trailers and trucks extra) Each of the trailer units has 160 wheels. (320 wheels on 20 axles in total)
These coker ovens weigh more than 500 tons, 10 meters in diameter, 80 meters long, are are on their way from Edmonton to the oilsands plants at Fort McMurray. They have as many as 7 tractors pulling and pushing, the Scheurle trailer units have 160 wheels each. Travel speed is from 10-30 kmh. Manufactured by Cessco Inc. and also Dacro Industries Ltd. The biggest piece hauled so far was 1,700,000 pounds or about 850 tonnes. It was the heaviest road load ever transported in North America. So far, they've manufactured and moved at least 8 units like this. The move takes about a week for the 550km journey from Edmonton to Fort McMurray. More are being built as more of the oilsands are being exploited. Most of the big loads are moved in winter when the roads are frozen solid. The bridge over the North Saskatchewan River at Duvernay had to be reinforced. Two companies handle the hauling, Mammoet Transportation Inc. and Premay Equipment Ltd. in Edmonton
After the vessels are assembled, they are put into a gigantic heat-treating oven where they are baked to take out stresses.
Check out the high-res. photos on my pbase gallery
Another load is being rigged for moving this weekend, Jan 27, 08.
Periods of snow. Amount 5 to 10 cm(2.0 to 3.9 in). Wind becoming north 30 km/h (19 mph) late in the morning. Temperature falling to -22C(-8F) in the evening. Wind chill -34C.
A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of flurries. Low -28C(-18F). High -25C(-13F).
A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of flurries. Low -32C(-26F). High -26C(-15F).
Normals for the period low -18C(0F). High -6C(21F).
Sunday, Jan 27, 08 8:00 AM: The load is rigged and ready to move out but blizzard conditions along the haul route have postponed the move until the weather clears,
Here's a link to Sam Berliner III heavy hauling pages showint the 880 ton Schnable railcar: CBEX 800
Standard YouTube License
- 4:22 Kids DVD on Trucks - Excavatorby twentytrucks Featured 14,041,543
- 6:12 LARGEST/BIGGEST/HEAVIEST load 1157 Tons,384 Tires Blackstone Edgeby Blackstone Edge2,583,028 views
- 7:33 Scary Truck Crash Compilationby Crash Compilation2,433,233 views
- 5:02 Vintage Heavy Haul Trucks move Edaville Railroad equipment to Maine 09/19/1993by nhrrman59,680 views
- 3:41 Heavy Haulers in the oil sands - Biggest Trucks In The World!by picklefacevideo450,353 views
- 2:42 equipment disastersby GITRDUG2713,377,920 views
- 1:23 1.9 Million lb generator move by Mammoet through Johnston, SCby Roger Bush2,077,330 views
- 77 videos Play all LKWby KensterOnTheRoad
- 7:26 Quarry's Crashby Michel Monnier11,429,042 views
- 0:23 Extremely heavy hauling to Fort McMurray, Alberta.by Dave Belcher467,762 views
- 2:29 Extreme Truckingby BestTruckWebsite6,737,713 views
- 5:44 Tag Axle on a Tandem Tractorby kwikloc500,553 views
- 2:10 Three truck tow - 1,500 hp - one job - www.TruckingFantastic.comby dylanwinter1904,672 views
- 15:41 Extreme Trucking - Big Trucks in the world #2by TheAngelitoTv1,148,680 views
- 47:58 Megastructures Canada's Ultimate Oil Sands Mine@wampsmania comby wampsmania13,468 views
- 7:19 THE WORLDS BIGGEST PLANES!! by kieran smithby kieran smith13,797,915 views
- 3:39 Big Trucks in the Canadian West -www.truckingFantastic.comby dylanwinter118,246,258 views
- 0:57 Transport Repower 5 M Maschinenhaus durch Schaumannby hansebube1,511,689 views
- 3:19 MASSIVE!!! Cheveron Vessel tank on a truck! HUGE LOAD! MUST SEE!!!by Trains2321,363,870 views
- 28:09 Mammoet Ptc 35 DS Assemblyby cranedude0725,033 views