VOLKSWAGEN SPONSORS SHARK WEEK ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 9, 2012
August 2012: Volkswagen is partnering with the Discovery Channel as the sponsor of the 25th Anniversary of Shark Week, which airs on the Discovery Channel from August 12 through 16.
This is Volkswagen's first year as presenting sponsor for the acclaimed programming event, which has carved out its place as must-see television for millions of viewers nationwide.
Mobile Beetle Shark Observation Cage Puts Viewers in the Driver's Seat! The Volkswagen Beetle goes cruising with....sharks! To celebrate this historic milestone, Volkswagen teamed with noted marine biologist and shark expert Luke Tipple, along with a team of engineers to design and construct a mobile Beetle shaped Shark Observation Cage. The cage, which took approximately three weeks to build and is made of tubular aluminium, will put viewers in the driver's seat as it cruises the ocean floor, surrounded by sharks.
The Volkswagen Beetle Shark Observation Cage will be part of a three-part short-form series to air during Shark Week which chronicles the design, construction, and submersion of the Beetle. The Beetle Shark Observation Cage plays on the silhouettes of two iconic images: the shark fin and the Volkswagen Beetle.
Social Media / Short Films Enhance Viewers Shark Week Experience: Volkswagen's social media sponsorship will enhance fans' online Shark Week experience with new viewing choices including a simultaneous broadcasting application with audio syncing to the TV programming.
Additionally, VW will provide exclusive content with a custom "Shark Bites" video playlist and timeline photos for VW's Facebook page. The custom Shark Week hashtag #VWSharkWeek will give fans a chance to engage in conversation leading up to and through Shark Week.
On-air elements include "Shark Bites," vignettes that celebrate the greatest moments from past Shark Weeks, and "Sneak Peeks," short segments which began the week of July 17 look ahead to this year's 25th Shark Week.
Standard YouTube License
- 22:43 Release The Draguar! Building a Blown Jaguar Rat Rod - Roadkill Episode 7by MotorTrend Featured 1,733,440
- 13:46 Wrongtown Plays: Dead Sea (for Shark Week) Part Oneby WrongtownCentral100,462 views
- 43:40 The Da Vinci Code: The True Story (Discovery Channel)by symbolguy543,328 views
- 3:17 Concessionária VW fechada há 11 anos ainda tem carro zero kmby Bufalos TV116,676 views
- 47:33 UFO - The Aliens, Closer than We Think - Discovery Channel - Full Documentary *****by nemesis maturity603,851 views
- 42:36 Discovery Channel | Spains Worst Rail Disasterby Paranormal Documentary Channel164,729 views
- 44:48 In Search of Mexico's 60-foot Black Demon Shark (Documentary)by EsotericHaven1,130,728 views
- 15:46 I CAUGHT A SHARK DADDY!by SHAYTARDS1,078,146 views
- 9:54 "The Fear, Shark Week #1 " - Karina Petroni : Escape Around the Worldby KarinaPetroniEscape598,175 views
- 6:51 Porsche Museum Secrets: Part 2by Porsche158,148 views
- 3:40 Practical Motorhome Doubleback VW Camper reviewby pmotorhome4,045,831 views
- 6:54 Classic VW Beetle Bug How to Install Windows Tip C. Valloneby Chris Vallone62,807 views
- 5:54 World Debut of Rinspeed sQuba, First Underwater "Flying" Carby The Auto Channel3,688,933 views
- 47:04 Megalodon Giant Shark(full documentary)HDby Nature + Science Documentaries2,092,835 views
- 9:16 girl (5) swims with sharksby elanajoy86648,169 views
- 8:39 Resistência dos carros Volkswagen (stress test)by Richard Sousa25,820 views
- 10:56 Brothers on the Run - Alaskan snowboard wonderland - Episode 2by Red Bull!242,296 views
- 0:57 how long does a vw beetle float? Just watch!by beetlejuice1501,819,615 views
- 43:16 Discovery Channel - Largados e Pelados -Ilha Infernal 2013by xm4rciox15,180 views
- 15:30 SHAYTARD SHARK ATTACK!by SHAYTARDS490,021 views
- Loading more suggestions...