VOLKSWAGEN SPONSORS SHARK WEEK ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 9, 2012
August 2012: Volkswagen is partnering with the Discovery Channel as the sponsor of the 25th Anniversary of Shark Week, which airs on the Discovery Channel from August 12 through 16.
This is Volkswagen's first year as presenting sponsor for the acclaimed programming event, which has carved out its place as must-see television for millions of viewers nationwide.
Mobile Beetle Shark Observation Cage Puts Viewers in the Driver's Seat! The Volkswagen Beetle goes cruising with....sharks! To celebrate this historic milestone, Volkswagen teamed with noted marine biologist and shark expert Luke Tipple, along with a team of engineers to design and construct a mobile Beetle shaped Shark Observation Cage. The cage, which took approximately three weeks to build and is made of tubular aluminium, will put viewers in the driver's seat as it cruises the ocean floor, surrounded by sharks.
The Volkswagen Beetle Shark Observation Cage will be part of a three-part short-form series to air during Shark Week which chronicles the design, construction, and submersion of the Beetle. The Beetle Shark Observation Cage plays on the silhouettes of two iconic images: the shark fin and the Volkswagen Beetle.
Social Media / Short Films Enhance Viewers Shark Week Experience: Volkswagen's social media sponsorship will enhance fans' online Shark Week experience with new viewing choices including a simultaneous broadcasting application with audio syncing to the TV programming.
Additionally, VW will provide exclusive content with a custom "Shark Bites" video playlist and timeline photos for VW's Facebook page. The custom Shark Week hashtag #VWSharkWeek will give fans a chance to engage in conversation leading up to and through Shark Week.
On-air elements include "Shark Bites," vignettes that celebrate the greatest moments from past Shark Weeks, and "Sneak Peeks," short segments which began the week of July 17 look ahead to this year's 25th Shark Week.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:24 Massive Mako Shark Surprises Diver and Blue Marlin!by DrGuyHarveyFeatured 2,729,222
- 43:44 Discovery Channel - Prehistoric Washington DCby Dudadsen 23,193 views
- 3:52 הרב אמנון יצחק חושף את כוחות הטומאה של זריף והאחריםby Yaphe1 45,398 views
- 3:21 Pagani Huayra tested by Drive Magazine, Greeceby fastmediapublicing 37,056 views
- 4:56 Winged Jetpack Can Take Off From Ground, Discovery Channel Reportby skyflashteam 67,478 views
- 3:07 Shark attack - photographer hits back!by Dive2video 8,039 views
- 15:30 SHAYTARD SHARK ATTACK!by SHAYTARDS 390,731 views
- 3:43 Volkswagen Beetle Cabriolet review - Auto Expressby Autoexpress 19,061 views
- 3:53 VW Beetle (2012) with VW Design Director Klaus Bischoffby MotoManTV 4,001 views
- 3:40 Practical Motorhome Doubleback VW Camper reviewby pmotorhome 2,880,195 views
- 7:47 Paul Dabill on Discovery Channel's Shark Week - "When Fish Attack 3"by Paul Dabill 5,939 views
- 8:11 adidas Skateboarding Melbourne Featureby adidasSkateboarding 506,240 views
- 6:00 Classic VW Beetle Bug How to Sound Deadening Insulation Tipby Chris Vallone 86,000 views
- 2:57 2012 Volkswagen Car Production Wolfsburg Plantby SupercarHall 45,662 views
- 0:30 Mysterious Water Creature - Florida 2013by crazyanimalnews 21,829,143 views
- 3:40 Volkswagen People's car project, Hover Car, the flying two-seaterby TechnologicVehicles 1,825,138 views
- 4:43 GIANT SHARK ATTACKS SWORDFISH!by TheFishingShow 641,335 views
- 5:08 GoPro HD: Shark Riders - Introducing GoPro's New Dive Housingby GoProCamera 3,226,646 views
- 1:11 Cage Diving with Great White Sharks in Australiaby heartoftravel 33,161 views
- 5:40 Megalodon - Shark Week Special with Pat McCarthy and John Babiarzby McCarthysFossils 45,323 views
- Loading more suggestions...