Israeli Navy shoots at Gaza fishermen and international volunteers
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 5, 2008
GAZA: 1st September 2008, the first day of Ramadan, several volunteers with the Free Gaza Movement and the International Solidarity Movement accompanied a small fleet of seven fishing vessels from Gaza City port. The fishermen exercised their right to fish in Gazan territorial waters, providing them with a livelihood and food for the besieged people of Gaza. The fishing fleet reached approximately nine miles offshore and began trawling along the Gazan coast, well within international limits. Usually the Israeli Navy prevents Gazan fishing vessels from accessing beyond six miles and in many cases only three miles by attacking the boats, sometimes lethally, or by arresting the fishermen. However, this day's fishing resulted in a highly successful catch due to the ability to access richer fishing grounds further offshore.
Two Israeli Naval gunboats approached the fleet soon after leaving port and began firing "warning shots" shortly afterwards. They were aware that internationals were on some of the boats. The Israeli Navy continued shooting multiple times at the fishing vessels, one of which was fired upon at least seven times. They also deployed explosive charges in the water and attempted to de-stabilise some of the boats by creating a strong wake. Communication was established with the Israeli Navy via VHF radio, informing them that everyone onboard were unarmed civilians and requesting that the Israeli Navy stop shooting.
The volunteers will continue to join Gazan fishing expeditions on a regular basis and will monitor Israeli aggressions towards the fishermen. Video and written documentation will be posted publicly and made available to journalists. The Israeli Navy will not be informed as to when the volunteers will join the fishermen, nor the ports they will sail from, since this is not within their jurisdiction. Also no indication will be made as to which vessels have internationals onboard.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:23 If Americans Knew What Israel Is Doing! VIDEO WAS CENSORED!by Representative Press ☞ Featured 4,384,810
- 46:45 Israel : La guerra de los Seis Días - Documental completo en español.by Sol Lewit88,556 views
- 2:18 Israeli Navy Demonstrates Its Firepowerby John digispyeu4,338 views
- 32:16 December 5 2013 Is Israel preparing for a preemptive strike on Iran??? 1 of 2by u2bheavenbound21,483 views
- 1:08:31 An honest Israeli Jew tells the Real Truth about Israelby Muslims and the World387,730 views
- 12:06 Israeli Navy - Squadron 916.wmvby niz19630,660 views
- 45:17 Israeli Air Force - Dog Fights Of The Middle Eastby cafeturkie336,568 views
- 12:59 The MOST Important Video About Israel You'll Ever See!by thelandofisrael1,295,071 views
- 5:04 outstanding Explanation: Why Israel can't withdraw to its pre '67 borders line - Please Shareby שחר שמר887,187 views
- 1:33 Drone from iran shootdown in israel, NAVY DRONE ISRAEL ARMYby CLIKATV1,657 views
- 1:28:00 Occupation 101 - the truth about the Israeli-Palestinian conflictby portalatat249,413 views
- 2:59 Video Israel Doesn't Want You to Seeby jonyoutoobe4,136,001 views
- 2:50 Palestinian vs Israeli Soldier Confrontationby aabdel20107,780 views
- 2:37 Israel Soldier _Palestine Girlby oli5053,332,189 views
- 5:54 שייטת 13 - סודי ביותר חלק א Israeli Navy Seals - part 1by SHAYETET13344,575 views
- 30:09 Dirty War - Israel/Palestineby Journeyman Pictures735,313 views
- 2:43 Israel attacking USS Liberty (USA Navy ship) on June 8, 1967by KursisLV19,034 views
- 11:38 Gaza Flotilla Attacked: Israeli troops storm aid ships, up to 20 feared deadby RT209,987 views
- 6:58 Saudis team up with Israel to plan strike against Iran - reportby RT68,840 views
- 2:03 Israel Navy trains for possible escalationby infolivetvenglish25,388 views
- Loading more suggestions...