Web 2.0 ... The Machine is Us/ing Us
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 31, 2007
Final version now available!
Web 2.0 in just under 5 minutes.
This is the 2nd draft, and I plan on doing one more final draft. Please leave comments on what could be changed or improved, or what needs to be excluded or included. Subscribe if you want to be notified when the revision is released.
UPDATE: I just added this video to Mojiti where you can actually write your comments into the video itself. It is an exciting experiment in "Video 2.0". Go check it out at http://mojiti.com/kan/2024/3313 and add your voice!
Transcripts are now available as well:
A couple of people have noted that the statement, "XML was created to do just that" (separate form from content) is misleading because CSS enables the same effect with HTML. I tried to integrate CSS into the video, but it ruined the flow. Perhaps in the next draft.
My statement on XML is based on the following from xml.com: "In order to appreciate XML, it is important to understand why it was created. XML was created so that richly structured documents could be used over the web. The only viable alternatives, HTML and SGML, are not practical for this purpose. HTML, as we've already discussed, comes bound with a set of semantics and does not provide arbitrary structure."
Thank you all for the comments. With your help the next draft will be cleaned up and hopefully free of factual errors.
A higher quality version is available for download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?6duzg3zioyd Please note that this is the second draft and the final version will not be available until late February after I review all comments and revise the video. Please return for a new download link at that time.
The song is "There's Nothing Impossible" by Deus, available for free at http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/103/
Deus offers music under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 license, yet one more example of the interlinking of people sharing and collaborating this video is attempting to illustrate.
Assistant Professor of Cultural Anthropology
Kansas State University
Standard YouTube License
- 33:44 The Machine is (Changing) Us: YouTube and the Politics of Authenticityby mwesch 90,389 views
- USanFranOnline 13 videos248
- 4:33 The Machine is Us/ing Us (Final Version)by mwesch 1,589,184 views
- 4:44 A Vision of Students Todayby mwesch 4,830,964 views
- 6:47 Rethinking Educationby mwesch 55,531 views
- 11:37 Le Zap de Spi0n n°166by FailsTVable 35,651 views
- 11:14 Le Zap de Spi0n.com n°167by FailsTVable 8,543 views
- 6:42 The girl who silenced the world for 5 minutesby Kim Seong Lee 26,066,538 views
- 10:29 Rethinking US.by vloggerconvert 25,736 views
- 1:07 Hak.5 Microshaft Web 2.0 Frameworkby Hak5Darren 847,237 views
- 19:34 Kevin Kelly: The next 5,000 days of the webby TEDtalksDirector 142,861 views
- 10:10 What is Web 2.0by danaehowetech 22,396 views
- 8:10 History of the Internetby picolsigns 2,896,085 views
- 16:50 The Future of Communicationby NationalGeographic 71,865 views
- 1:43 Matt Damon Rips Sarah Palinby CBS 12,250,270 views
- 1:25 مــواقــف مضـحـكـه لـلأطـــفال !! لا يـــفوتك =)by Ibraheem shady 9,179,706 views
- 3:04 "The Visions of Students Today" 2011 Remix One (trailer)by mwesch 37,350 views
- 6:01 Evolution of Dance - By Judson Laipplyby judsonlaipply 213,660,548 views
- 15:56 TEDxNYED - Mike Wesch - 03/06/10by TEDxTalks 18,036 views
- 4:32 Web 2.0 ... The Machine is Using Usby Trevor Kensiski 8,247 views
- 2:46 Here Comes Another Bubble v1.1 - The Richter Scalesby TheRichterScales 691,716 views
- Loading more suggestions...