One Example of Why We MUST Stop The MOTHERS Act
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 25, 2008
Please go to http://www.box.net/shared/810kj0b8g7 and print a PDF that you can fax to the Senate: http://tinyurl.com/HELPSenate
Effexor Baby's Grieving Mother Protests Potential MOTHERS Act, Warns Others
Contact: Amy Philo, Founder, UNITE, 817-793-8028
SALT LAKE CITY, April 3 /Christian Newswire/ -- Christian Delahunty blames Effexor for the September 2008 death of her six-week-old daughter Indiana. To those responsible for pushing Effexor on Christian and similar drugs on pregnant women across America, that may be "impossible" to prove.
Only with that mindset of denial could someone justify pushing for the passage of federal legislation called "The MOTHERS Act," which would increase the use of psychotropic drugs in pregnant and new mothers.
In 2007 Delahunty approached her doctor about whether she should stop taking Effexor because she wanted one more baby. He told her, "Oh no, you and the baby will be fine. There are no studies that prove that the Effexor is even transferred to the baby in utero or in the breast milk."
"Milk-to-plasma ratios" greater than 1 indicate that a medication is present in higher concentrations in breast milk than in maternal serum. Effexor's milk-to-plasma ratio has been observed at over 4.7 and is therefore not recommended for breastfeeding. Neonates cannot metabolize drugs as quickly as older babies or adults, they absorb more of the drug, and can have 10 to 30 times higher brain tissue concentrations than adults.
According to the Effexor label, animal studies of the drug during pregnancy and continuing through weaning resulted in an increase in stillborn pups, and an increase in pup deaths during the first five days of lactation. In a study of 150 pregnant women exposed to Effexor, 18 had miscarriages and seven had "therapeutic" abortions, while two of the babies had major malformations.
When Indiana was born, she had trouble breathing, scored low on her APGARs, and wouldn't cry. Indiana had to go to the NICU and returned to the doctor's office and hospital several times after going home for various health problems. Christian says Indiana was excessively sleepy and nearly impossible to feed.
On September 7, Christian nursed Indiana at 8 am and then put her down for a nap. Christian went back in at 10 and found she was not breathing.
Indiana was rushed to Children's Hospital by paramedics. The staff was finally able to revive her after 45 minutes and she spent the next five days on life support. But it was too late. Her brain had badly deteriorated. She died on September 13.
Grieving Mother Warns Others Against Effexor in Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Send a letter to Congress:
To read Amy's story in detail, go to: http://chaada.org/smf/index.php?topic...
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "In My Life" on
- 5:24 In Memory of Indiana (Effexor Infant Death Antidepressants Pregnancy MOTHERS Act)by amyphilo 117,776 views
- 8:55 John Taylor Gatto - State Controlled Consciousnessby mearbhrach 139,973 views
- 0:53 Off-duty Cop Uses Taser on Man Holding His Newborn Babyby cactuspat 972,163 views
- 2:51 Abortion Illustrated / 23 Weeks Gestational Age / Videoby rosaryfilms 1,333,034 views
- 1:15 In Memory of Matthew Schultz (Effexor Baby Pregnancy Infant Death MOTHERS Act)by amyphilo 47,254 views
- 6:37 Mother murders her childrenby MIMAJO2007 661,635 views
- 6:37 The birth and death of a Hemangiomaby msyankee2u's channel 18,118,982 views
- 3:54 SIDS: Sudden Infant Death Syndrome - Baby Jonathanby chrissys26 36,182 views
- 10:00 Amy Philo speaks out on the Mothers Actby TheHealthRanger 12,324 views
- 8:21 Getting off the Drug Effexor (Summary) (Video 4)by James Davies 22,906 views
- 3:00 taylor james collins - my son that died due to anencephalyby deannabanana44 202,640 views
- 2:49 My sids angelby tlovec2004 22,595 views
- 5:57 in memory of my baby matteoby ForMatteo081104 247,846 views
- 9:52 When Mothers Kill: America's Serotonin Nightmare (SSRIs)by amyphilo 18,296 views
- 4:29 I Love you more than you`ll ever knowby lovelyluz 14,843,343 views
- 5:25 In Memoriam (Victims of Antidepressants / Psychiatric Drugs)by amyphilo 15,846 views
- 1:34 Getting Off Effexor (Day 9 Video 3)by James Davies 16,400 views
- 8:51 Ex-Pharmaceutical Rep. Speaks Outby Psychetruth 162,143 views
- 6:55 EFFEXOR WITHDRAWALby Paula Wear 37,843 views
- 3:45 The Margaret Schlosser & Michael , Alex Smith Storyby broomcr 10,305 views
- Loading more suggestions...