Spider-Man: 2 The Movie Video Game PS2 Review
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 6, 2009
June 28th 2004
It is two years following the events of the first game. Spider-Man is trying to balance his civilian and superhero life, frequently late or absent for school, work, and leisure time with his friends. Following dinner with Mary Jane Watson, Peter thwarts an armed looting of a museum, and tracks down an escaped robber, the Black Cat. Soon after this, he thwarts an attack in the streets of Manhattan by The Rhino. Meanwhile, Doctor Otto Octavious attempts to recreate nuclear fusion of that seen in the sun to provide an energy source for Manhattan. To control this fusion, he creates four metal arms which he can mentally control. His fusion creates a strong magnetic field, destroying the lab, killing his wife Rose, and grafting his metal arms to his spine and giving his arms control over him. He blames Spider-Man for the incident.
Octavius, now known as Dr. Octopus, kidnaps Aunt May, but she is saved by Spider-Man. In the time following, special effects artist Quentin Beck tries to prove that Spider-Man is a fraud by challenging Peter in a series of "games". Spider-Man emerges successful. Consequently, Beck tries to kill Spider-Man, but is thwarted. The embarrassment causes Beck to assume the identity of Mysterio, attacking journalists attending his press conference, and commands his "UFOs" to "invade" the Statue of Liberty. Both of these attacks are thwarted by Spider-Man's efforts, with no casualties. Spider-Man eventually teams up with Black Cat, who leads him to the Shocker, who escaped during Beck's initial competition with Spider-Man. Shocker is apprehended in a warehouse after attempting to use an experimental propulsion system to enhance his powers, while Mysterio is knocked out with one punch from Spider-Man while trying to rob a Speedy Mart. Black Cat then leads Spider-Man to an illegal weapons trade, where she tries to convince him to permanently become Spider-Man, but he rejects the idea, saying that he cannot stop being either Spider-Man or who he is.Dr. Octopus kidnaps Mary Jane Watson and steals tritium from Harry Osborn to repower his nuclear fusion in exchange for Spider-Man. A long battle on top of a moving train leads to Peter being delivered to Harry. Peter reveals his identity to Harry, and sets off to defeat Dr. Octopus a final time. The fusion reactor is shut down, and Dr. Octopus regains control over his mind, and sacrifices his life to permanently destroy his fusion reactor.
The next day, Peter gets a surprise visit from Mary Jane, who tells Peter that she cannot live without him, and wants to offer her full support to his life as Spider-Man. With his confidence renewed, Spider-Man continues to defend the city from evil.
Players can now perform many moves and use many skills as seen in the film, including:·Wall Sprint: Spidey can run along vertical walls and even straight up the side of a building. If this skill has been upgraded, the wall running speed will be increased
·Spider Reflexes: Spidey can use his Spider reflexes during times of danger. When his Spidey reflexes are activated, the rest of the game world slows down, granting Spidey more speed and agility to dodge and attack, his attacks become much stronger and varied, and enemy attacks are easier to spot.
·Charged Jumps: Spider-Man can jump higher than before. To activate, the player holds down the jump button to charge and releases it to jump. Jumps can be charged to different levels.
The zoom map provides a top-down view of the city centered on Spider-Man, but if Spider-Man reaches a high enough elevation and the zoom map is brought up, it will flip upside down to display the sky.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:19:08 Xbox Longplay  Spiderman 2by cubex5530,077 views
- 9:02 Spider-Man: 3 The Movie Video Game Reviewby Marcus Petersen24,309 views
- 9:51 Spider-Man Movie Game Extrasby ArchsagePent187,468 views
- 8:43 Spider-Man The Movie Video Game PS2 Reviewby Marcus Petersen92,814 views
- 12:43 Spider Man 2 Walkthrough Mission 3 Puma Pouncesby EntertainmentTV2996200,006 views
- 8:54 Spider Man 2: The Movie Game-Chapter 15: Saving the City Part 1by FourSwordsLord213,229 views
- 9:25 Spiderman 2 (ps2)by nellybelly7592540,987 views
- 21 videos Play all Spider Man 2: The Movie Gameby FourSwordsLord
- 4:42 Spider-Man 2 The Game - Rhino's Rampageby GameAnyone1,079,223 views
- 11:04 Spider Man 2 Walkthrough Mission 1 Rhino's Rampageby EntertainmentTV2996565,024 views
- 12:41 spiderman 2 xbox gameby kurt garnett204,820 views
- 9:43 Spiderman 2: Slingshot ( 9 Minute Ps2 Train Glitch Smash 3 )by wfkproductions229,508 views
- 7:33 Let's Play Spiderman 2 Part 1by superhamuel150,669 views
- 54:02 Spider-Man 2 PS2 Playthrough Part 1 (Infinite Health)by evansblackberrygames106,876 views
- 1:18:46 Spider-man 2 Enter Electro Full Game Complete PSXby Pipita445134,008 views
- 10:45 Spiderman 2 Part 5 [Xbox/PS2/Gcn]by Spazbo433,080 views
- 10:47 JAWS Unleashed PS2 video reviewby Marcus Petersen71,658 views
- 14:41 Spider-man 2 (PS2) Commentaryby rkwheels440,799 views
- 9:58 SpiderMan - Web of Shadows PS2 Gameplayby bagasodei1,241,907 views
- 4:19 Spiderman 2: Spiderman Vs. Dock Ock on Trainby pcvideoman317,575 views