Uploaded on Nov 3, 2009
Sensei Avi Rokah #1 student of legendary Master Nishiyama for 27 years, is sharing his vast knowledge of shotokan karate.
Avi is known as master of timing/distance/strategy and is considered by many as the worlds most knowledgeable instructor. Avi is 1994 world champion and 5 time US National Champion. Many of his students are world and national champions.
The best technique is useless if not applied with proper timing and distance; anyone regardless of natural talent can master timing/distance/ strategy by understanding and digesting the principles taught in this DVD series.
You will learn how to:
· Be ahead of your opponent in every encounter.
· Control the rhythm of the fight.
· Use distance and timing to your advantage.
· Capitalize on every action of your opponent.
· Make strategy and set your opponent up, according to his tendencies.
· Use footwork to control the distance and timing.
· Use breath to anticipate the opponents timing, to keep stable emotions and initiate your technique from the ground and center without back motion.
· Win in dojo sparring, competition or self defense by skill not relying on size and strength.
Both beginner and advanced students will truly enjoy the instructional dvd series to come!
Standard YouTube License