This video is unavailable.
Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 9, 2009
Lord Shiva is said to be the Lord of great mercy and compassion.
Lord Shiva is one of the most worshipped Gods in the Hindu Religion.
Lord Shiva's destruction is not negative but nourishing and constructive.
Lord Shiva's destruction builds and transforms life and energy for the welfare of the world.
The Mahamrityunjay Mantra, which is addressed to Lord Shiva is a centuries old technique of connecting one to pure consciousness and bliss.
It is Lord Shiva's moksha mantra.
The Mahamrityunjay is a mantra that is said to rejuvenate, bestow health, wealth, a long life, peace, prosperity, satisfaction, immortality and contentment.
Maha Mrityunjay Mantra is a Mantra to conquer death and connects us to our own inner divinity.
"Om Tryambhakam Yajamahe
Mrityor Mukshiya Maamritat"
It is important to understand the meaning of the words as this makes the repetition meaningful and brings forth the results.
OM is not spelt out in the Rig-Veda, but has to be added to the beginning of all Mantras as given in an earlier Mantra of the Rig-Veda addressed to Ganapati.
TRYAMBAKKAM refers to the Three eyes of Lord Shiva.
'Trya' means 'Three' and Ambakam' means eyes.
These three eyes or sources of enlightenment are the Trimurti or three primary deities, namely Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva and the three 'AMBA' (also meaning Mother or Shakti' are Saraswati, Lakshmi and Gouri.
Thus in this word, we are referring to God as Omniscient (Brahma), Omnipresent (Vishnu) and Omnipotent (Shiva).
This is the wisdom of Brihaspati and is referred to as Sri Duttatreya having three heads of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.
YAJAMAHE: means, "We sing Thy praise".
SUGANDHIM: refers to His fragrance (of knowledge, presence and strength i.e. three aspects) as being the best and always spreading around. Fragrance refers to the joy that we get on knowing, seeing or feeling His virtuous deeds.
PUSTIVARDHANAM: Pooshan refers to Him as the sustainer of this world and in this manner, He is the Father (Pater) of all. Pooshan is also the inner impeller of all knowledge and is thus Savitur or the Sun and also symbolises Brahma the Omniscient Creator. In this manner He is also the Father (Genitor) of all.
URVAAROKAMEVA: 'URVA' means "VISHAL" or big and powerful . 'AAROOKAM' means 'Disease'. Thus URVAROOKA means deadly and overpowering diseases.
The diseases are also of three kinds caused by the influence (in the negative) of the three Guna's and are ignorance (Avidya etc),falsehood (Asat etc as even though Vishnu is everywhere, we fail to perceive Him and are guided by our sight and other senses) and weaknesses (Shadripu etc. a constraint of this physical body and Shiva is all powerful).
BANDANAAM: means bound down. Thus read with URVAROOKAMEVA, it means 'I am bound down by deadly and overpowering diseases'.
MRITYORMOOKSHEYA: means to deliver us from death (both premature deaths in this Physical world and from the never-ending cycle of deaths due to re-birth) for the sake of Mokshya (Nirvana or final emancipation from re-birth).
MAAMRITAAT means 'please give me some Amritam (life rejuvenating nectar). Read with the previous word, it means that we are praying for some 'Amrit' to get out of the death inflicting diseases as well as the cycle of re-birth.
'OM NAMAH SHIVAYA'
Standard YouTube License
- 48 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 39:01 Mahamrtiyunjay Mantra 108 Times By Anuradha Paudwalby tseriesbhaktiFeatured 274,303
- 43:51 Mahamrityunjay Mantra Shankar Sahneyby tseriesbhakti 1,369,592 views
- 19:54 Mahamrityunjaya Mantra Full By Hariharan with Swasti Vachan, Viniyog, Sankalp, Nyaas, Dhyanby tseriesbhakti 163,033 views
- 8:59 Shiva Rudrastakamby Nitish Jani 2,710,920 views
- 22:50 Shiva Maha Mantraby spiritualmantra 296,854 views
- Mahamrityunjaya Mantra 831 videos360
- 7:25 Mahamritunjaya mantraby LakshmiRu 114,662 views
- 24 videos Play all Mrityunjaya Mantraby Corinne1123
- 1:03:19 Peaceful Aum namah Shivaya Mantra Complete!by SanatanDharmi 4,246,769 views
- 3:33 Shivji maha mrityunjaya mantraby BS997 42,347 views
- 7:15 (NEW) Ganesha Mantra By Sonu Nigam (NEW)by thebless4ever 862,945 views
- 7:01 Achyuta Ashtakam ( Awesome ) (Must Listen) From Holy Chantsby thebless4ever 1,969,891 views
- 10:51 Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra (Shiva Mantra) Explanation and Lyrics (2 of 2)by Allain Lagadic 58,309 views
- 7:23 Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra - Album : World Hindu Chantsby sainath459 159,910 views
- 5:38 "Choti Choti Gaiya, Chote Chote Gaval"by weirdindia 2,019,930 views
- 8:47 MAHA MRITYUNJAYA MANTRA (28)by MathinaMaideen 72,123 views
- 8:10 Om Namah Shivaya (DHUN) ( a must listen )by thebless4ever 6,901,755 views
- 5:10 The Maha Mrityunjaya mantraby Shadowlande 527,827 views
- 9:30 Miracle of Mahamritunjay Mantra Yagyaby mudrayog 65,408 views
- 9:55 Hanuman Chalisa by MS Subbulakshmi.wmvby anilvayalar 1,626,404 views
- 7:06 SHANI MAHA MANTRAby KISMAT KARMA 496,406 views
- 6:31 Shiva Tandava Stotram ( POWERFUL )by thebless4ever 2,210,921 views
- Loading more suggestions...