Lalita Sahasranama (Part 1 of 3)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 10, 2008
Lalita Sahasranama 1 of 3
Chanted by TS Ranganathan
"Lalita sahasranama is a sacred Hindu text for the worshippers of the Goddess Lalita Devi, i.e. the Divine Mother, in the form of her and the male gods' feminine power, Shakti. Lalita is the Goddess of bliss, an epithet for Parvati. Etymologically, "Lalita" means "She Who Plays". It is supposedly one of the most complete stotras, one need only recite it to gain total salvation."
For more info:
The famous Lalita sahasranama Stotra can be found in the Brahmanda Purana. It was given to the great Rishi Agastya by Lord Hayagriva, an incarnation of Lord Vishhnu. Agastya was dismayed with the ignorance and the pleasure seeking lives of people and worshipped Devi Kamakshi at Kanchi, one of the most revered Devi Shakti peethas, for a solution to uplift the masses. Lord Hayagriva appeared before agastya and advised him that the worship of the Devi with the Lalita Sahasranama stotra is the best way to attain both spiritual and material upliftment. We have given the Lilita Sahasranama stotra here with word to word meaning.
Benefits of listening/reciting:
There has been no stotra equal in merit to this, nor is there ever to be one such. This stotra causes all disease to subside and confers all prosperity.
It averts untimely death, avoids timely death, removes the pain caused by fever and confers longevity.
The accumulated sins, of him who repeats at least a single name of this secret Sahasranama, are all destroyed. There is no doubt in this.
If the devotee repeats this Sahasranama daily, Lalitha is pleased and confers on him the desired objects.
By mediating on Mother Lalitha as seated in the midst of the nectar-ocean, and repeating this Sahasranama, poison (if taken in) can be digested (and assimilated).
To conquer a king, one should turn to the side in which he (the king) lives and repeat this Sahasranama for three nights, fully devoted to the worship of Devi.
By a mere gaze at the face of him who repeats daily this secret Sahasranama, the three worlds get bewitched.
Enemies of him, who repeats this Sahasranama with devotion once (at least) are killed by Sarabhesvara. Any black (magical) act practiced against the repeater of this Sahasranama (is ineffectual but) is made by Pratyangiras to rebound upon the performer of the act and kill him (instead)
If one chants this with devotion continuously for six months, the goddess of wealth will reside permanently in his house.
Just as it is in the last of all his births that a person devotes himself to SriVidya, so it is that the repetition of this Sahasranama is taken up by him whose (present) birth is the last (or who is to have no more births).
The devotee of Lalitha should always repeat this; and in no other way can Devi be pleased, even for Crores of years to come. .Therefore should one chant this secret Sahasranama of the holy mother with devotion.
Thus pleased, the great Devi will grant thee all desired objects.
Special thanks to ladysiva for the audio to this version!
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Lalita Sahasranamam (Language:Sanskrit)" on
- 10:00 Lalita Sahasranama (Part 2 of 3)by LilaSakura530,098 views
- 32:43 Vishnu Sahasranamam Fullby Hinduism2,346,557 views
- 1:59:38 "Nenu Maa Avide" I Full Telugu Movie I Chandra Mohan | Prabhaby ALF Telugu Sambhram8,146 views
- 29:11 Lalitha Sahasranamam Full (Stotra & Meaning)by Hinduism3,393,114 views
- 43:25 Sri lalitha Sahasranama Stothram and PhalaSruthiby Buddy Ravs276,337 views
- Lalita sahasranama 1,496 videos128
- 11:20 Green Tara Mantraby buddhistlight47,663 views
- 38 videos Play all Devotionalby priyankautube1
- 1:02:05 Sri Mahalakshmi - Stotra Malaby Bhakti455,535 views
- 9:49 hanuman chalisaby naveen00420,353,115 views
- 9:13 Lalita Sahasranama (Part 3 of 3)by LilaSakura466,473 views
- 9:58 Kanakadhara Stotram (to alleviate suffering & grant boons)by LilaSakura1,227,291 views
- 5:57 Saraswati stotramby srikodak80,810 views
- 8:49 Lalita Trisati (Three hundred names of lalitA)by LilaSakura122,151 views
- 2:27:27 Jai Maa Vaishnavdevi [Film] - Jai Maa Vaishno Devi - narendra rangadby narendra Rangad305,410 views
- 6:59 MS Subbulakshmi Viriboni Bhairavi RaagaVarnamby telugufilms181,259 views
- 8:08 Aigiri Nandini part 2by CRS Vishnu212,834 views
- 8:11 Sri Maha Lakshmi 108 Ashtotharamby shreeramjay407,924 views
- 3:17 Sri Mahalakshmi Ashtakamby Murali Battar Rangaraja273,529 views
- 9:27 Lalitha Sahasranamam - Part 1by Buddy Ravs60,870 views