How to Sword Fight
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 14, 2010
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more How to Be an Actor videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/1-How-t...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
The next time you need to storm the castle gates, you'll want to use your sword. Here are some simple tips to win like Errol Flynn.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Whether your weapon of choice is an epee or a Hattori Hanzo, be careful! Wear protective clothing, and only use swords that are designed for sport.
Step 1: Be agile and accurate
Before facing your foe, practice agility drills, so you can move easily. Remove your sword from your scabbard, and familiarize yourself with its reach, strength, and grip, curling your fingers loosely around the hilt. Practice moving the sword in a number of directions to become familiar with its balance and handling when used.
Step 2: Know the conditions
Survey your surroundings just before you begin fighting. If you're on hilly terrain, make for high ground, minding the slope beneath you so you can keep your footing.
Practice in a variety of conditions so you're unfazed by fog, rain, or shooting arrows.
Step 3: Mind your opponent
Take stock of your opponent's strengths and weaknesses. Pay attention to their size and temperament, which can impact their agility, power, and susceptibility to childish name-calling.
Step 4: Stand and deliver
Keep your feet shoulder-width apart for better balance, and unsheathe your sword as quickly as possible, so you'll be ready if your opponent rushes in.
Face your foe sideways to provide them with a smaller target.
Step 5: Relax
Stay relaxed. Sure, your opponent's trying to eviscerate you, but if you keep your composure, you'll be ready to pounce on their tiniest mistake.
Step 6: Attack!
The moment your opponent hesitates or is off-balance, attack! Swing the blade smoothly and extend your arms fully to project the blow at your foe. Avoid keeping them stretched out for too long, since you can't hold a sword if someone cuts off your limbs.
Did You Know?
There are more than 50 movies about the swashbuckling sword-fighter Robin Hood.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:34:20 Swords : Complete History of Swords (Full Documentary)by Super Docs Today Featured 138,338
- 1:51 How to Play Assassinsby Howcast43,975 views
- 2:18 How to Survive a Zombie Attackby Howcast747,896 views
- 2:35 How to Make a Sword out of Foamby Howcast15,273 views
- 2:47 How to Survive an Alien Abductionby Howcast334,038 views
- 8:33 Luke Neumann Answers My DSLR Color Grading Questionsby Dave Dugdale17,949 views
- 2:49 Sword Fighting As It Was For the Vikingsby MuseumSecrets TV818,961 views
- 63 videos Play all sword fightby fett333
- 10:18 Learn to Sword Fight Like a Jedi!!by io9futureshow36,203 views
- 1:44 Fighting with a Katana Sword : How to Strike with a Katanaby expertvillage324,333 views
- 2:25 How to Pick a Lockby Howcast11,063,138 views
- 1:30 How to Find Out If Your Toys Are Aliveby Howcast362,562 views
- 2:12 How to Fight Off a Vampireby Howcast237,330 views
- 1:40 How to Play Yu-Gi-Ohby Howcast504,166 views
- 3:13 How to Become an Ultimate Fighterby Howcast70,796 views
- 2:11 How to Win a Fight If You're Kind of a Sissyby Howcast40,964 views
- 2:23 How to Have Summer Funby Howcast16,886 views
- 3:26 How to Avoid 10 Common Grammar Mistakesby Howcast39,120 views
- 2:00 How to Build Muscle and Get a Hard Bodyby Howcast48,561 views
- 2:26 How to Survive 2012: End of the Worldby Howcast1,761,768 views