BEETHOVEN-LISZT Symphony No. 5 I - Lesson sample
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 10, 2007
Recorded in 1996. This is a sample clip of Beethoven's famous Symphony No. 5 arranged for piano by Franz Liszt, with tips on performance, and visuals of the keyboard notes in C-minor. This is a good way to lose extra weight, and get to know the Symphony itself. Much of the higher piano literature is very athletic, and for much of sports-worshipping society to regard piano playing as for wusses only, they have yet to try this piece, and find out how Liszt will kick their butts. Playing material like this, one breaks out in a sweat, physically and intellectually exhausted at the end, and appreciates all the more the dexterity and precise aim of Liszt's hands on Beethoven's piece.
The expense of such an undertaking is perhaps comparable to the expense of training for Olympics, because you need corporate Sponsors, able coaches and $100k Steinway or Bosendorfer equipment to get it sounding right. Nevertheless, on a budget, one can "attempt" this on electronic plastic keyboards, but it will never quite be the real thing. Piracy destroyed much of the corporate sponsor part (for instance the former mp3.com paying its better artists royalties per click), but that's another long unheralded story of Epic proportions...
For clarification, this is not "the" most difficult, but according to acclaimed concert pianist Leslie Howard, it ranks up there. Particularly the 4th movement, with its fast right & left hand octave runs and leaps (not shown here, but in another posting of mine for the 4th movement).
It is different "kind" of difficulty than, say, the concertos of Rachmaninov, which talented ladies even with small hands can play, because those are mostly chromatic. However, the Liszt transcriptions need large basketball-player hands, and plenty of athletic stamina to work through a straight 1 hr of non-stop dextrous playing. Hence it is in a difficulty class all by itself, which Leslie encourages all to study, if not to learn symphonic structure.
I cannot myself play it "perfectly", but that is not the point of the lesson. It is merely to show the Bach-like polyphony, as well as appreciate the symphony itself.
So nevermind the misguided comments by sean and tomcat here, which miss the point and border on anti-semitic. The music of Beethoven, Mozart, Bach etc., and plays of Shakespeare, Dante, etc. all share in common a deep judeo-christian respect for concepts of sin and virtue. This is expressed in the wonderment of our compositions, our way of prayer through notes, of marvelling at Creation itself.
Hence, I invite you to sit back, and enjoy this imperfectly rendered demo from my early days of just starting to learn piano and symphonic composition, and kindly respect our (us composer's) beliefs, which are very infused with our combined Works.
See the full lesson and performance on www.MuSeeks.com/ArthurSulit
available for download soon, or on the DVD 'Piano Moments'
Standard YouTube License
Ludwig van Beethoven
- 9:59 Tutorial - How to play Fur Elise - The second HARD partby thomandy Featured 27,638
- 9:22 Beethoven-Liszt Symphony n.7 - 4th movement - Iannoneby Pasquale Iannone131,636 views
- 6:18 Beethoven-Liszt Synthesia Symphony n.5 Mvt.1by lizt199758,670 views
- 6:34 Beethoven 5th symphonyby qpdb qpdbqpdb86,423 views
- 30:08 #29 Fur Elise Tutorial: Learn to play Fur Elise by Beethoven, the tutorial is easy and fun!by Lypur424,310 views
- 4:20 The Next Mozart? 6-Year Old Piano Prodigy Wows Allby WGN News24,872,816 views
- 6:01:22 6 Hour of The Best Beethoven - Classical Music Piano Studying Concentration Playlist Mix by JaBigby jabig6,259,897 views
- 58 videos Play all Beethoven s 5th Symphonyby sepulveda1971
- 34:25 Beethoven Symphony No.5 (Full Length): Seoul phil Orchestraby SuperTheseus198,416 views
- 1:51:00 Relaxation Piano Music I - Chopin, Schubert, Handel, Brahms & Othersby Kamibambiraptor8,235,954 views
- 9:07 How to Play Moonlight Sonata (Part 1)by Ethan Levin941,117 views
- 1:13:56 The Best of Lisztby TopClassicalMusic110,523 views
- 1:13:43 Beethoven - Symphony No. 9 (Proms 2012)by Mandetriens663,972 views
- 32:45 Beethoven Symphony no.5 - Heinrich Schiff conductor [HD]by avroklassiek390,441 views
- 9:24 (How to Play) Franz Liszt - Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 (Full Piece) on Piano (100%)by Emmanthe270,911 views
- 33:43 Beethoven - Symphony No. 5 (FULL)by andrea romano3,258,620 views
- 1:14:23 Liszt: Faust Symphonyby Ayden434158,671 views
- 20:57 Lang Lang - Last Night Proms 2011 - Liszt Piano Concerto No. 1 in E flat majorby RupertJones585,439 views
- 36:21 Ludwig Van Beethoven's 5th Symphony in C Minor (Full)by Fábio Fidelix763,194 views
- 2:06 Beethoven Symphony 5by fina1e39,258 views