How to Make an Easy Chocolate Cake
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 6, 2009
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more Cake Baking, Frosting, & Icing videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/167-Cak...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
Beloved by kids and adults everywhere, rich, moist chocolate cake is as fun to make as it is to eat!
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Prepare the oven and pans
Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the two baking pans with butter, and lightly dust the pans with flour. Set aside.
Step 2: Prepare the chocolate mixture
In the mixing bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt with the wooden spoon until they're well combined.
Step 3: Make the chocolate batter
Crack the eggs into the mixture and add the milk and oil. Beat on medium speed for one to two minutes until smooth.
Step 4: Mix in vanilla and water or coffee
Add the vanilla to the chocolate batter and beat on slow speed for one minute. Pour the hot water into the mixture and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
Step 5: Bake the cake layers
Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans for 30 to 35 minutes until the center is slightly firm.
Step 6: Toothpick test
Because baking times vary slightly depending on ovens and elevations, do the toothpick test: Insert a toothpick into the center of the cake; when it comes up clean, without any batter or crumbs sticking to it, the cake is done.
If you don't have a toothpick, use a fork or knife instead.
Step 7: Cool the cake
Place the cake pans on a cooling rack and let them cool for 15 to 20 minutes. Invert the pans onto the rack and let the cake cool completely, about two hours. Put the layers on a cake stand or plate before frosting or serving. Enjoy!
Did You Know?
The first chocolate cake was baked in 1674 and is thought to be the reason people began eating more chocolate.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:47 HOW TO MAKE CHEESEBURGER CUPCAKES - NERDY NUMMIESby Rosanna Pansino Featured 2,167,352
- 3:05 How to Make a Cake Shaped like a Hamburgerby Howcast492,293 views
- 1:51 How to Make Homemade Doughnutsby Howcast1,301,049 views
- 2:10 How to Make a Classic New York Cheesecakeby Howcast553,948 views
- Eugenie Kitchen 173 videos51K
- 1:45 How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookiesby Howcast697,796 views
- 26:25 Chocolate Chiffon Cake Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.comby Joy of Baking217,141 views
- 53:38 How to Bake and Decorate a Cakeby MonkeySee3,673,215 views
- 10:07 Frosting a Cake with Homemade Chocolate Buttercream by Cookies Cupcakes and Cardioby Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio222,602 views
- 13:46 Black Forest Cakeby TanishaCookz502,909 views
- 95 videos Play all cake making, frosting, icing, decoratingby monosree1984
- 14:07 Banana Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.comby Joy of Baking1,138,310 views
- 8:39 Chocolate Cake Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.comby Joy of Baking365,022 views
- 20:57 French Macarons Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.comby Joy of Baking410,176 views
- 17:57 Cake Doughnuts Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.comby Joy of Baking324,891 views
- 9:14 Easy Chocolate Cake Recipeby ChocolateBakeryVideo49,604 views
- 9:24 HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CAKEby Nicko's Kitchen5,431,196 views
- 4:15 2 Minutes Chocolate Cakeby Raphael Gomes1,544,563 views
- 7:17 How to Make the Best-Ever Chocolate Cakeby mahalodotcom125,624 views
- 7:44 How To Make A Rainbow Cake Roll - with yoyomax12by yoyomax12 - the diet free zone1,304,370 views