The Mole Hill Ring
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 30, 2007
I would like to say that this film was made by MMA & They have given it to me & MMA have given permission to use it & to show it on here as I'm the star who found the ring . As the Director spoke, a cold shiver ran down my spine; - The ring was in fact a Victorian Mourning Ring, which was worn by Louisa's Mother following Her death. The large insets in the central heart and tiny holes around the ring would have held tiny Sea Pearls to represent tears. The surrounding inserts around the sides of the ring, giving it a hollow effect, would have held a woven lock of Louisa's hair. The story was unfolding itself.
Louisa was the only child of Thomas and Louisa (Mothers name also) Dunn. They were a wealthy family living at 1 York Gate Regents Park London. This was a very prosperous area with servants, a butler and a footman. Thomas followed in his Fathers footsteps and was a partner and a solicitor in a Law practice named Wordsworth and Dunn of
Threadneedle Street London. He retired from the firm the same year his Daughter was born, 1854. Thomas was also a Landowner and after retiring this was his source of income. Following the death of his wife,
he moved to 1 Princes Gardens in London and began life as a widower.
Mother Louisa was born Louisa
Turner in Bister Oxfordshire in 1825. Before marrying Thomas she lived at St. Leonards Shoreditch London with her father John Lamming-Turner a Clerk of the Holy Orders. Louisa was 27 when she married Thomas Dunn at Marylebone Church on 30th October1852. They moved to Regents Park and after two years of marriage Louisa gave birth to their only child, Louisa. Sadly the Mother died between the ages of 46 - 56. Revealing Secrets are trying to find any burial records.
Louisa, it was discovered, died of Scarletina (Scarlet Fever) on 10th December 1863 aged nine years old at 32 Bedford Square Brighton. We
know this was a lodging house and it may be possible that Louisa was taken there for the Sea air to aid her recovery. During the Victorian Period it was a common retreat to the coast to convalesce. The sea
air was considered good and clean for the health. Unfortunately Louisa was not to recover. Scarletina was an acute infectious disease, which was once a common and dangerous illness, and if not treated with penicillin would lead to kidney problems and fatality.
I could imagine how devastated this young woman must have been after losing her only child and then to suffer the loss of such a precious ring, her last link with her daughter. How it got there we still don't know. Could she of been visiting friends at the Estate and taken a walk down to the River? We will probably never know.
We took a while to come to terms with all this information we had been lucky enough to be given. It was as if someone from the past had let us into this very sad and personal secret that had it not been for some innocent little Mole, would have laid untold for maybe ever.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:11 Metal Detecting the Beach after Hurricane Bill OcMd Aug 23 2009by Joe Beechnut67,378 views
- 9:07 Metal Detecting "Colonial Grist Mill"Time Searchersby BillTheRelic14,715 views
- 9:01 Make a ring with a coin in home (AMAZING)by jonismo427,255 views
- 0:51 Brad DFX digs LARGE Gold ringby goes4ever10,559 views
- 17:18 Metal Detecting - 1800's Swimming holeby DigginAmerica™ WILD BILL94,847 views
- 20:46 World War II Metal Detecting - Eastern Front Relic Hunting Episode 8 HDby HistoryRevived6,393 views
- 18:26 GOLD ON THE BEACH.6 (We show you exactly where the heavier gold items can be found)by Frederick Barnes703,817 views
- 18:19 Metal Detecting Rifles & Machine guns: Stg44 PPSh41 Kar98k - WWII Relic Hunting Episode 5 HDby HistoryRevived123,300 views
- 9:59 The Treasure Hunters - Episode 147 - Detecting in Britain 2007by mudslideslim3,373 views
- 3:46 Diggin History #30 - Deep woods metal detectingby TreasureFiend7,981 views
- 3:09 Gold ring, old ring, & gold pocketwatch at late 1800's house!by dougsnyder6016,933 views
- 17:42 Metal Detecting in an old swimming hole !by nuggetnoggin78,616 views
- 11:48 Metal Detecting Three Guns In One Day!by Beau Ouimette754,443 views
- 8:51 My OLDEST Find Yet! - Metal Detectingby DudeLikeHELLA32,686 views
- 17:20 Testing out the New Garrett ATX !by nuggetnoggin6,569 views
- 12:56 Flint Huntersby R2tag2,636 views
- 9:26 The Treasure Hunters - Episode 148by mudslideslim5,837 views
- 8:36 Make Rings out of Coinsby fencekid638,374 views
- 9:58 Kingpulltab and Crackbadger present Detecting 101!by kindgrind36027,742 views
- 8:05 Metal Detecting-Hunt # 7-Going Outta Townby WeDigDixie4,961 views
- Loading more suggestions...