Anatomy of an F/A 18 Part 1
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 1, 2009
Documentary *Comment rules under description. Violators= blocked PERMANENTLY*
The McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) F/A-18 Hornet is an all-weather carrier-capable multirole fighter jet, designed to attack both ground and aerial targets. The F/A-18 was derived from the YF-17 in the 1970s for use by the United States Navy and Marine Corps. The Hornet is also used by the air forces of several other nations. It has been the aerial demonstration aircraft for the U.S. Navy's Flight Demonstration Squadron, the Blue Angels, since 1986.
The fighter's primary missions are fighter escort, fleet air defense, suppression of enemy air defenses (SEAD), interdiction, close air support and reconnaissance. Its versatility and reliability have proven it to be a valuable carrier asset, though it has been criticized for its lack of range and payload compared to its earlier contemporaries, such as the F-14 Tomcat in the fighter and strike fighter role, and the A-6 Intruder and A-7 Corsair II in the attack role.
F/A-18 Hornet provided the baseline design for the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, a larger, evolutionary redesign of the F/A-18. Compared to the Hornet, the Super Hornet is larger, and heavier and has improved range and payload capability. The F/A-18E/F was originally proposed as an alternative to a completely new aircraft to replace existing dedicated attack aircraft such as the A-6. The larger variant was also directed to replace the aging F-14 Tomcat, thus serving a complementary role with Hornets in the U.S. Navy, and serving a wider range of roles including refueling tanker, and electronic jamming platform.
Copyright Military Channel 2005
- Inane comments that do not pertain to the video subject matter
- Racial slurs/remarks
- Habitual trolling directed at another user.
- Excessive bashing of a group, entity, person or peoples in any armed forces.
- Spam/Chain messages.
I can assure you if you decide to ignore these basic commenting rules you will be banned from future commenting. No exceptions or reversals will be given.
Keep it clean.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:31 Anatomy of an F/A 18 Part 2by xxmc117 34,683 views
- 8:31 Anatomy of an F/A 18 Part 3by xxmc117 27,588 views
- 3:36 F/A-18 Hornet Dogfight Kill on Mig-21 Plus Bombing Gulf Warby BongHitBrian 111,201 views
- 9:52 F/A-18 Vs MiG-29 IIby Go check out my BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 99,149 views
- 22:36 RideAlong! US Navy F/A-18C Hornet East Demo Team (Helmet Cam) - Thunder Over Michigan 2010by AirshowStuff Videos 363,391 views
- 9:42 F/A-18 Vs MiG-29 Iby pacoreglas 46,437 views
- 10:00 The Truth About the Useless F-35 & F-22by PowerRossiya 586,825 views
- 4:06 F-35 is uselessby NetherAnimal 97,081 views
- 24 videos Play all Military - Unbuilt Projectsby sferrin2
- 18:20 Red Flag 09-2 Mass Launchby Nellis Spotters - Please Subscribe for more videos. 515,119 views
- 10:18 1/6 F-35 JOINT STRIKE FIGHTER IS A LEMONby BELAIR2000 86,392 views
- 6:27 SKY DANCER - McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornetby Harley-Davidson FXS Low Rider Project 77,133 views
- 1:56 F-4 Phantom Dogfight kill on Mig 17 Vietnamby BongHitBrian 172,501 views
- 4:46 F/A-18 Vs MiG-29 Vby pacoreglas 22,226 views
- 3:10 Dogfight F-18 Vs Mig-29by dduke83 90,525 views
- 9:52 At Sea (2009) - Part 1by usnavyhistory 23,419 views
- 9:38 Learn to Fly a CF-18 Hornet Fighter Jetby Learn To Fly Canada 165,175 views
- 8:39 Anatomy of an F/A 18 Part 5by xxmc117's channel 25,670 views
- 7:33 India's INS Chakra At Seaby Shiv Aroor 24,473 views
- 10:03 Anatomy of a Supercarrier Part 1by xxmc117's channel 162,281 views
- 7:33 Anatomy of an F/A 18 Part 4by xxmc117 22,260 views
- Loading more suggestions...