Price Tag (Cover - Jessie J / Maddi Jane) DOMINIQUE - Live SYHO 2011
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 15, 2011
9 year old Dominique sings "Price Tag" originally recorded by Jessie J and covered by Maddi Jane. Dominique performs "Price Tag" in an "up-beat" and "feel-good" version at the 2011 Sing Your Heart Out event at the Williamson County Fair. Hope you enjoy :)
"Price Tag" is a song by English singer-songwriter Jessie J, featuring American rapper B.o.B. It was released on 28 January 2011 in the United Kingdom as the second single from Jessie J's debut studio album, Who You Are. "Price Tag" was written by Jessie J, Dr. Luke, Claude Kelly and B.o.B, and it was produced by Dr. Luke. It serves as the album's lead single in the United States. An official remix features British rapper Devlin. The song debuted at number one in the UK, Ireland and New Zealand becoming Jessie J's first number-one single in all three countries. In the US, "Price Tag" peaked at number 23 on the Billboard Hot 100. Additionally, the song charted at number one in ten countries, becoming Jessie J's biggest hit to date. The song was covered by The Wombats on BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge on 31 May 2011.
Jessie J has performed the song at a number of live performances, with other singers filling in for B.o.B or his verse being completely cut-out. The song has influences of reggae and features strong vocals from her. "Price Tag" has received generally positive reviews from critics. The video features an over-sized teddy bear, a money tree, and J as a ballerina in a large jewellery box.
"Price Tag" is an up-tempo, "feel good" track, inflected with reggae bounce and a sing-along chorus with strong vocals from Jessie J, slinky guitars, and a vintage backbeat. The melody in the verse bears a strong resemblance to Halo by Beyonce. Lyrically, the song is about Jessie J trying to make the world dance by forgetting about how much money we have.
Jessie J as a marionette in the music video.
The music video was directed by Emil Nava and was premiered on 30 January 2011. The video begins closing up on a giant teddy bear that is missing an eye and an arm, accompanied by a musical box-rendering of Johann Strauss II's The Blue Danube, before zooming out to show a child version of J sitting next to it, who then gets up and walks around the bear, turning her into her full-sized self. J is then shown standing and holding out her hands, and as the lyrics suggest, a coconut man and a moonhead appear on her outstretched hands (this is a reference to the two individuals who co-wrote the song with her). The video then goes back to J in the lap of the large teddy bear and shows various scenes of J holding up items that relate to the lyrics, including a huge price tag and pointing to left and the right. As the chorus begins, J is shown dancing under a money tree with dollar bills covering its branches. A scene of J is then shown of her as a over-sized ballerina in a jewelry box. As J says the words "video hoes", a scene of her wearing the same outfit as in her "Do It Like a Dude" video and dancing holding her crotch, suggesting that she was not happy with the content of the video. J is next shown riding around on a small tricycle. As the song progresses into the second chorus, J and two background dancers are shown as marionettes, with J wearing a Pinocchio hat, dancing to the song. The video then moves to B.o.B as his verse begins, showing him dancing in front of a beat up car, that starts jumping and moving to the beat. He is then shown standing in the middle of four large, toy green army men. As his verse ends, J is shown squeezed into a doll house and holding a glass doll that is missing part of its head. As the video goes into its final chorus, scenes of J are shown her dancing with B.o.B, laying on the floor missing a leg, sitting in an over-sized chair, dressed up as a doll in a blue and white dress, and doing the robot with her younger self. The video ends with J closing the door to her doll house; with her still inside it, the camera carries on zooming out.
In June 2011, the video hit 100 million views on the popular video-sharing site, Youtube.
Standard YouTube License
- 40 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 4:19 Price Tag (cover) - Jessie Jby LessThanThreesMusicFeatured 151,771
- 6:18 Anna Graceman, 11 ~ America's Got Talent 2011, Atlanta Auditionsby AmericanBestTalent 26,889,506 views
- 6:11 Maddi Jane & Maria Aragonby chareyann 1,073,402 views
- 3:49 Price Tag - Maria Aragon on BT Winnipegby godzillaLOVESturtles 3,599,645 views
- 1:50 Price Tag Cover by 3 year old Gabrielleby Byron P 11,514,625 views
- 3:27 Price Tag by Jessie J.by jingtabs 1,201,695 views
- 2:24 Price Tag ( cover ) - Najwa Latifby najwa595 2,085,091 views
- 2:16 Price Tag cover by Gabriella San Diego ( Jessie J)by andierhean 65,277 views
- 2:56 Amazing 3 and 8 yr old sisters... "Price Tag" coverby IkawTube70 507,468 views
- 3:08 Maddi Jane - Price Tag (Jessie J)by maddijanemusic 69,745,357 views
- 3:53 Maddi Jane - Impossible (Shontelle)by maddijanemusic 47,316,331 views
- 4:07 Jessie J Price Tag acoustic coverby afterschoolspecialsd 2,287,033 views
- 3:20 Maddi Jane - Just The Way You Are (Bruno Mars)by maddijanemusic 26,947,395 views
- 3:21 Maddi Jane - Mine (Taylor Swift)by ANONfreeTube2011 527,711 views
- 2:06 Price Tag (Cover - Jessie J / Maddi Jane) by 9 year old Dominique - Live 2011by mjuydy 135,064 views
- 3:38 Price Tag Jessie J (Jayesslee Cover)by Jayesslee 17,648,791 views
- 1:47 Price Tag - Jessie J - Kids Coverby Jacob Braganza 36,194 views
- 4:40 Maddi Jane Wonderful Web Of Wondermentby GAFNIY 57,686 views
- 3:12 I Dreamed A Dream (Les Miserables / Susan Boyle / Glee Cover) - 9 year old DOMINIQUE 2011by mjuydy 123,895 views
- 6:17 Top 10 cover of 'Price tag' by Jessie J ft. BoBby Tony311B 89,088 views
- Loading more suggestions...