Saint Saens Concerto No. 2 - Part 2 by George Li (12 years old)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 11, 2011
May 29, 2008, 12 years old George Li performed this with Simon Bolivar Youth Symphony Orchestra of Venezuela under the paton of Sarah Ioannides, at Caracas, Venezuela.
George's Website: http://www.georgelipianist.com/home.html
2010 is the Milestone Year for the 15-year-old pianist George Li.
In July, George performed Chopin's Piano Concerto No. 1 with the Cleveland Orchestra and won first prize in the Cooper International Piano Competition 2010; the prize package includes a full, four-year scholarship to the Oberlin Conservatory of Music and concerto performances in Beijing and Shanghai, China.
In November, George won first prize in the Young Concert Artists (YCA) International Auditions, awarding him debut recital opportunities in New York, Washington D.C., and Boston, as well as Performance Management services by YCA.
Born in August 1995, George Li (黎卓宇) is a 10th grade student at the Walnut Hill School and the New England Conservatory (NEC) Preparatory School, where he studies piano with Ms. Wha Kyung Byun (卞和暻). George's previous piano teachers include Mrs. Dorothy Shi (杨镜钏) and Mr. Yin Chengzong (殷承宗).
Since his first public performance at Boston Steinway Hall at the age of nine, George has gained significant attention as a recitalist, chamber musician, and soloist with orchestra. George has appeared at the opening ceremony of Boston's new Institute of Contemporary Art, at the inauguration of President Tony Woodcock at New England Conservatory, solo recital at Boston's Steinway Hall, and performed with the Cleveland Orchestra at Severance Hall. He also played at New York's Carnegie Hall in
new TV series produced by the popular NPR radio show, From the Top. In addition, he has been featured on WBZ-TV's Liz Walker Show and ABC's Martha Stewart Show. George was presented by the Hilton Head International Piano Competition and by the Gina Bachauer International Piano Competition to perform solo recitals. He has been invited to perform in the "Prodigies & Masters of Tomorrow" event of the Discovery Series organized by the Miami International Piano Festival.
As an active chamber musician, George is the pianist of New England Conservatory's Vivace Trio. The Trio has performed on From the Top's radio series, at the NEC's annual gala, Feast of Music. The ensemble also performed for members of US Congress at Senate Office Building, Washington D.C., as well as for NPR at WGBH.
George has performed Haydn's Concerto No. 11, Beethoven's Concerto No. 1, Saint Saens' Concerto No. 2, Mendelssohn's Concerto No. 1, Mozart's Concerto No. 21, Schumann's Concerto and Chopin's Concerto No. 1 with symphony orchestras. These orchestras include the Cleveland Orchestra (Jahja Ling conductor); Xiamen Philharmonic (China; Tao Lin conductor), Symphony Pro Musica (Mark Churchill conductor), Simon Bolivar Youth Symphony Orchestra of Venezuela (Venezuela; Sarah Ioannides conductor), Boston Philharmonic Orchestra (Benjamin Zander, conductor), Brooklyn Philharmonic Orchestra (Arkady Leytush conductor), Spartanburg Philharmonic Orchestra (Sarah Ioannides conductor), Miami Symphony Orchestra (Eduardo Marturet conductor), Waltham Symphony Orchestra (Patrick Botti conductor), Nordic Chamber Orchestra Sweden (Christian Lindberg conductor), Princeton Symphony Orchestra (Benjamin Zander, conductor), Albany Symphony Orchestra (David Alan Miller conductor), Lexington Symphony Orchestra (Jonathan McPhee), and Orchestra "I Solisti di Perugia" (Spoleto, Italy). George is also invited to perform Rachmaninoff Concerto #2 with Ridgewood Symphony Orchestra (Arkady Leytush conductor)
George won first prizes in MMTA piano competition at the age of 6 and 7. George won second prizes in both the Virginia Waring International Piano Competition and the World Piano Competition at the age of nine. In 2008, George won the second prize in the Gina Bachauer International Piano Junior Artist Competition. In 2010, George won the first prize in the Cooper International Piano Competition in July; George also won the first prize in the Young Concert Artists International Auditions in November.
Standard YouTube License
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix - Saint Saens Concerto No. 2 - Part 2 by George Li (12 years old)
- 1:11:35 Yundi Li - 14th International Chopin Competition (2000)by thepolonaise Featured 2,375,842
- 38:42 Chopin Concerto No. 1 by George Li (15 yr)by Pianoloverok6,042 views
- 30:34 Saint Saens Piano Concerto No. 2 by George Li (12 yr)by Pianoloverok45,574 views
- 6:18 George Li: Live from Carnegie Hall (11 yr)by Pianoloverok200,242 views
- 4:31 George Li (11 yr) on Martha Stewart Showby Pianoloverok104,210 views
- 29:03 Mendelssohn Piano Concerto #1 by George Li (13 yr)by Pianoloverok11,789 views
- 40:06 Beethoven Concerto No. 4 by George Li (15 yr)by Pianoloverok8,795 views
- 1:02:20 George Li Senior Recital (17)by Pianoloverok7,273 views
- 43:51 Rachmaninoff Concerto No. 2 by George Li (15 yr)by Pianoloverok23,169 views
- 15:48 George Li's Musical Journey: 2005 to 2010by Pianoloverok216,123 views
- 10:04 Lang Lang and George Li (9 yr) with Sun Flowersby Pianoloverok145,280 views
- 36:38 Camille Saint-Saëns - Oratorio de Noêlby goturhjem254,525 views
- 14:21 Saint Saens Concerto No. 2 - Part 1 by George Li (12 years old)by Pianoloverok5,281 views
- 28:08 Mozart Piano Concerto No. 21 by George Li (14 yr)by Pianoloverok23,836 views
- 8:32 Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 - George Li in Cooper International Competitionby Pianoloverok52,789 views
- 20:03 Schubert Fantasie in C major, Op. 15 "Wanderer Fantasy" by George Li (15 yr)by Pianoloverok13,238 views
- 4:43 Mozart Sonata in C major K330 M1 by George Li (13 yr)by Pianoloverok12,279 views
- 7:09 Mendelssohn Piano Concerto #1 M3 (MSO) by George Li (13 yr)by Pianoloverok10,038 views
- 3:05 5-year-old B.C. piano prodigy gets Carnegie Hall debutby ramdevbakwas5,281 views
- 24:30 Grigory Sokolov - Saint-Saëns Piano Concerto No. 2by nbharakey63,974 views
- Loading more suggestions...