This video is unavailable.
EPA Official: EPAs "philosophy" is to "crucify" and "make examples" of US energy producers
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 25, 2012
In a Senate speech, Senator Inhofe will draw attention to a little known video from 2010, which shows a top EPA official, Region VI Administrator Al Armendariz, using the vivid metaphor of crucifixion to explain EPA's enforcement tactics for oil and gas producers. In this video Administrator Armendariz says:
"But as I said, oil and gas is an enforcement priority, it's one of seven, so we are going to spend a fair amount of time looking at oil and gas production. And I gave, I was in a meeting once and I gave an analogy to my staff about my philosophy of enforcement, and I think it was probably a little crude and maybe not appropriate for the meeting but I'll go ahead and tell you what I said. It was kind of like how the Romans used to conquer little villages in the Mediterranean. They'd go into a little Turkish town somewhere, they'd find the first five guys they saw and they would crucify them. And then you know that town was really easy to manage for the next few years. And so you make examples out of people who are in this case not compliant with the law. Find people who are not compliant with the law, and you hit them as hard as you can and you make examples out of them, and there is a deterrent effect there. And, companies that are smart see that, they don't want to play that game, and they decide at that point that it's time to clean up. And, that won't happen unless you have somebody out there making examples of people. So you go out, you look at an industry, you find people violating the law, you go aggressively after them. And we do have some pretty effective enforcement tools. Compliance can get very high, very, very quickly. That's what these companies respond to is both their public image but also financial pressure. So you put some financial pressure on a company, you get other people in that industry to clean up very quickly. So, that's our general philosophy."
Watch the Full Video at the YouTube Channel Citizen Media for We The People http://www.youtube.com/user/davidmcfa...
Standard YouTube License
- 29:14 Inhofe to Investigate EPA's "Crucify Them" Strategyby JimInhofePressOffice 9,502 views
- 4:18 Inhofe Responds to EPA Apology For Using The Word "Crucify" on Fox and Friendsby JimInhofePressOffice 6,054 views
- 0:54 Top Obama EPA Official: Obama Coal Regs Will Be "Painful Every Step of the Way"by JimInhofePressOffice 58,290 views
- 3:49 White House Asked About EPA Crucify Agendaby JimInhofePressOffice 2,332 views
- 14:18 "Agenda 21" The UN's diabolical plan for the world is explained on the "Glenn Beck Show"by Steve Kemp 395,706 views
- 5:33 The REAL Reason the U S Wants to Attack Iranby red12345678999 5,568 views
- 7:39 Sackett v. EPA: How One Couple's Battle Against the Feds Might Protect Your Landby ReasonTV 60,149 views
- 5:06 Jimmy Fallon - Slow Jam The News with Barack Obama: Late Night with Jimmy Fallonby latenight 7,420,097 views
- 2:06 Jon Lovitz on Barack Obama - S.I.Tby seesmod 157,831 views
- 17:36 President Barack Obama at the 2012 White House Correspondents' Dinnerby JimmyKimmelLive 1,123,964 views
- 5:54 Debbie Wasserman Schultz interviewed by Bret Baier 4-24-12by RuBegonia 44,052 views
- 9:57 Planned Parenthood's Lies! and the EPA's Regulatory Tyranny! WE'RE HIT!!! TELEVISIONby mathenyahu 375 views
- 1:04 Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocketby BattleBornPAC 308,177 views
- 1:18 Why does President Obama take so much credit for killing Bin Laden?by v4sa 1,132,406 views
- 0:58 EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson Tells Congress "No Proven Cases Where Fracking Has Affected Water"by EnergyInDepth 10,436 views
- 5:19 Fox News Scares Obama Admin - EPA Resignationby TheYoungTurks 27,944 views
- 0:25 Biden: I Promise You the President Has a Big Stickby Jim Longoria 36,467 views
- 3:55 US Will Sign Gun Control Treaty on July 27! Dick Morris TV: Lunch ALERT!by dickmorrisreports 178,762 views
- 2:22 EPA's Regulatory Overreachby energy 14,514 views
- 1:57 "Supreme Court Told EPA to Go to Hell"by LeakSource2012 794 views
- Loading more suggestions...