The Path to Prosperity Budget: Your Country. Your Future. Your Choice.
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 19, 2012
House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan details what the choice of two futures means: a path to debt and decline versus a stronger, more prosperous path of less debt, lower taxes, and greater opportunity for generations to come. Learn more about The Path to Prosperity: A Blueprint For American Renewal here:
Americans have a choice to make.
A choice that's going to determine our country's future.
Will it be a future that looks like the America we know? One of greater opportunity, greater prosperity...
Or...more of what we're seeing today...debt, doubt and decline.
Americans, not Washington, should decide.
In 2010, voters asked for an alternative to the direction government was taking the country.
Last year House Republicans responded by passing a budget to control government spending.
And we're back with a budget that offers real solutions again.
Make no mistake, years of empty promises from both political parties got us in this mess today....
But when it comes to the federal budget, the Democrat-led Senate hasn't..even..proposed one in 3 years.
They continue to spend, but there's zero accountability.
The President has proposed a budget, but it calls for more spending and more debt.
Despite imposing roughly 2 trillion dollars in tax increases on hardworking taxpayers,
the debt still skyrockets under his plan, and it will put us on par with countries like Greece.
That will mean...sudden cuts to benefits, sudden tax increases, and really a fundamental change to the American way of life as we know it.
This doesn't have to be our future.
Instead, we've shared with Americans a specific plan of action that cuts spending, pays off the debt and gets our economy back on the path to prosperity.
Real, specific reform is needed to strengthen the health and retirement security of seniors and the economic security of all Americans.
We've shown how, under the President's health care law, Medicare goes bankrupt.
And we've exposed how his law takes control away from current seniors, and gives that power to a board of fifteen unelected bureaucrats.
Our plan includes no changes for those in or near retirement and, instead of government bureaucrats, puts patients in control of their health care decisions.
We've proposed tax reform that's common sense -- a plan that lowers tax rates and closes special interest loopholes so our tax code is fairer, simpler, and more competitive. That's how we'll create a healthier environment for businesses to hire and expand.
The common thread here is that our plan takes power away from Washington... and gives it back to the individual.
Because it's the American people, not bureaucrats in Washington, who make this nation what it is.
Now, it's up to the people to demand from their government a better budget, a better plan, and a choice between two futures.
The question is: which future will we choose?
Standard YouTube License
- 14:30 Rep. Paul Ryan Vs. President Obamaby forbesFeatured 170,354
- 4:09 Path to Prosperity (Episode 3): 3 Steps to Pro-Growth Tax Reform -- VISUALIZEDby HouseBudgetCommittee 92,062 views
- 3:15 The Path to Prosperity (Episode 1): America's two futures, visualizedby HouseBudgetCommittee 320,327 views
- 4:54 The Path to Prosperity (Episode 2): Saving Medicare, Visualizedby HouseBudgetCommittee 170,586 views
- 4:53 Tim Geithner to Paul Ryan: "We don't have a definitive solution... We just don't like yours"by HouseBudgetCommittee 163,022 views
- 16 videos Play all health care/budget debateby gillisajbfan
- 12:15 Paul Ryan The Path to Prosperity (Full Video)by MaDmOnkyKungFu 11,065 views
- Paul Ryan 12,380 videos768
- 2:50 Paul Ryan Takes Chris Matthews "To School" On Deficits and Taxesby FirstPatriots 485,327 views
- 5:03 Rep. Paul Ryan Blames Obama for Dividing Americaby HeritageFoundation 9,485 views
- 6:08 Paul Ryan grills President Obama at Health Care Summitby TheUnitedStatists 64,205 views
- 3:37 Paul Ryan attempts an adult conversation on debt & entitlement reformby RepPaulRyan 609,371 views
- 13:51 Paul Ryan's Homecoming Rally Speech in Wisconsin 08/12/2012by MamaBarracuda 79,019 views
- 1:19 House Budget Trailer: America Deserves A Better Pathby HouseBudgetCommittee 114,493 views
- 5:35 Paul Ryan and President Obama discuss spending and budgetby RepPaulRyan 76,917 views
- 1:00:07 A Perspectives on Leadership Forum with Paul Ryan - 5-22-12by ReaganFoundation 8,240 views
- 3:05 The Road We've Traveledby Glenn Beck 156,665 views
- 15:10 Rep. Paul Ryan: U.S. Needs Prosperity Not Austerityby forbes 14,218 views
- 6:31 PAUL RYAN IRS Steven Miller at House Hearingby theunitedwest 622 views
- 28:30 Rep Paul Ryan Speaks To Seniors in Florida About Medicare Reform - Full Speechby Massteaparty 3,169 views
- 1:30 Paul Ryan Reminds Debbie Wasserman-Schultz What She's Already Done to Medicareby HouseBudgetCommittee 123,455 views
- 16:57 The Road We've Traveledby BarackObamadotcom 2,569,081 views
- Loading more suggestions...