Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 19, 2012
Yes, it is disrespectful to the Chinese Embassy - but I think that concern pales next to the brutal ignorance and inhumanity being inflicted on the rhinoceros. It may even be too late. Now it seems that the trade in other wild animal parts, such as lion bone - for mysterious and little-understood 'medicinal' purposes - is seeing a massive increase. Where is it going to end?
We have, somehow, to persuade the big guns - the Chinese, Vietnamese, and slumbering South African authorities - to weigh in and help us understand this business (and it is one - with very high stakes). Only by a massive, very public international campaign to investigate, penalise, and re-educate, might it be possible to begin to stem the demand. Let's help them to be heroic.
And this has also to be done before the opportunists persuade governments and CITES to create so-called 'legitimate' markets for rhino horn and other wild animal products. This is dangerous nonsense, since these legal traders will not only have a vested interest in keeping prices up, but in indirectly sustaining the beliefs that stimulate the demand. On a moral level, this also defers custodianship of and access to our universal heritage into the hands of a privileged and condescending elite.. steadily turning the entire planet into a commercial commodity. (okay, I know.. that's a different debate)
It may also be necessary to apologise to the fantastically dedicated organisations that are and have been bravely fighting the scourge of rhino poaching. But this is not a separate initiative. It began as an individual outcry, but is now a message from many equally desperate individuals to the relevant authorities to recognise and properly support their work.
So - if you feel similarly inclined, go for it! Fingernails or hair would also do.
And then share it, like it, tweet it, bleat it, etc..
For South Africa: 972 Pretorius Street, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0083
Or the Chinese Embassy in your country.
Standard YouTube License
- 14:43 Keeping It Real With Adeola - Episode 42by Saharatv Featured 11,249
- 1:01:51 Financial Pearl Harbor' is a Real Threat Warns a Pentagon Adviserby NewsmaxTV31,487 views
- 5:45 The Death Penalty in China | China Uncensoredby China Uncensored2,914,325 views
- 4:35 Your Hair and Nails can Save the Rhinoby RodneyTheRhino8,423 views
- 1:16 FEEDING THE DRAGON: CHINA IN AFRICA Great Decisions 2013 trailerby Foreign Policy Association8,472 views
- 22:17 Corfu:A Tale Of Two Islandsby Domonic Willgrave11,280 views
- 8:15 China - Hell March - the largest army in the world - FULL (Official)by madboyfull3,694,741 views
- 7:00 Rhino fighting lions! - Etosha Radeldraf waterholeby MissApple1705157,170 views
- 3:07 Chinese Reclassified as Black in South Africaby NewshoundAsia45,878 views
- 8:27 Fighting Gravity, All 5 Performances - America's Got Talent (No Talking)by ndenny836367,646 views
- 6:13 Bok Autopsyby ZANEWSTV14,884 views
- 4:14 Rhinos save Buffalo from Hyena attack! Rare footageby sal02121,585,237 views
- 49:33 Grandes documentales El vuelo del rinoceronteby Jhon Lois36,247 views
- 2:09 China 60th Anniversary Military Parade - Chinese Female Soldiers (HD)by wittydud4,382,199 views
- 3:40 Oppan All Black Styleby Quentin O'Brien14,368 views
- 1:06 Vijayakanth Scolds Reporters - Ananda vikatanby vikatanwebtv494,210 views
- 5:20 In die hemel is die Heerby DJWZuidAfrika60,845 views
- 4:32 Schalk Brits' Premiership final Man of the Match performanceby thirtyintheshade59,273 views
- 25:34 Best Of Uplifting Trance October 2012 ( Episode 9) HD HQby TheTrancesessions7,487 views
- 2:29 The X Factor USA 2012 - Carly Rose Sonenclar's Auditionby newcontrast16,637,262 views
- Loading more suggestions...