News of the World: James Murdoch back in the hot seat
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 11, 2011
James Murdoch, son of Rupert Murdoch and head of News Corporation's European and Asian operations, was back in front of the House of Commons Culture, Media and Sport Committee to answer more questions about his knowledge of phone hacking at The News of the World.
Murdoch echoed the testimony he first gave before the inquiry in July, maintaining he was unaware of just how far the practice of illicit cell phone surveillance had spread within his organization. This, in stark conflict to the claims of former NOW editor Colin Myler and former legal manager Tom Crone, who say they informed Murdoch of the breath of the problem during a 2008 meeting.
Myler and Crone claim they showed Murdoch an email that detailed the contents of intercepted voicemails while discussing a monetary settlement for hacking victim Gordon Taylor, the Professional Footballers Association chairman. The email was titled "for Neville," referring to NOW reporter Neville Thurlbeck who reportedly tried to warn higher-ups of the illegal activities.
The committee was harsh on James, son of News Corporation chariman Rupert Murdoch. Labour party member Tom Watson mocked, "you must be the first mafia boss in history who did not know he was running a criminal enterprise." Murdoch wrote the comments off as "inappropriate."
Daily videos brought to you by THE Taiwanese Animators behind the infamous Tiger Woods animation. We got the funniest animations on the web to help you stay in-the-know on all the trending stories, so sit back, relax, and watch a few.
Visit our channel for your daily dose of Taiwanese Animations:
Wish all your news was animated? Subscribe now:
Can't get enough of Taiwanese animations? Connect with us here:
Twitter @nmatv http://www.twitter.com/nmatv
Standard YouTube License
- 2:07 Learn Chinese with Carol: Lesson 3 - What's your name? (請問你叫什麼名字?)by Taiwanese Animators5,986 views
- 1:08 US should ditch Taiwan: New York Times op-edby Taiwanese Animators29,270 views
- 1:13 11-11-11: what does it mean?by Taiwanese Animators4,461 views
- 1:30 Paternity tests - how do they work?by Taiwanese Animators5,846 views
- 1:33:18 Sam Harris - (IN CHURCH!) University Synagogueby ChristopherHitchslap70,008 views
- 19:07 Hunger Games Catching Fire interviews - Lawrence, Hutcherson, Hemsworth, Claflin, Malone, Banksby geeknationtv891,629 views
- 9:58 News Of The World Phone Hacking Part 1by selfdeluded9,590 views
- 46:44 The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - Global Google+ Hangoutby The Hunger Games
- 41:26 James Cameron and James Murdoch in conversation, Abu Dhabi Media Summit 2011by adms6,692 views
- 6:58 James Murdoch says Cut the licence fee, in further attack on BBCby thevilla20072,698 views
- 22:45 News Of The World - UKby Journeyman Pictures28,147 views
- 14:08 James Murdoch On News of the World Closure - Complete Interview - NOTW Phone Hacking *EXCLUSIVE*by NOTWPhoneHacking3,237 views
- 7:30 Steve Coogan rips into The News Of The Worldby Jason Stone621,806 views
- 9:46 The Hunger Games - Casting Of Tributesby IsabelleFuhrmanInfo670,092 views
- 7:26 Fox and Friends: We're All Hacking Victims! Sorta.by Sam Seder6,722 views
- 17:12 Robert Greenwald talks about James Murdoch's resignation from News Internationalby bravenewfilms1,146 views
- 7:26 Hugh Grant 'David Cameron Is In Bed With Rupert Murdoch' - NOTW Phone Hacking *NEW*by NOTWPhoneHacking34,375 views
- 18:20 Handspring Puppet Company: The genius puppetry behind War Horseby TED391,737 views
- 4:01 Hunger Games Death Orderby Amanda Wang708,673 views
- 6:37 Alastair Campbell & Paul McMullan Hacking Debate on Newsnight - NOTW Phone Hackingby NOTWPhoneHacking17,414 views
- Loading more suggestions...