Peter Schiff Speaks for 1 Percent at Occupy Wall Street
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 27, 2011
Last week, Reason.tv followed investment guru, radio show host, and unflappable defender of capitalism Peter Schiff as he spent three hours among the Occupy Wall Street protesters in Manhattan's Zuccotti Park.
An unapologetic member of "the 1 Percent," Schiff argued with all comers for the better part of an afternoon.
Schiff is no ordinary observer. As the prinicipal of the financial firm Euro Pacific Capital, he's a full-fledged and unapologetic member of "the 1 Percent." As an outspoken radio show host and commentator, he not only predicted the housing crash and financial crisis, he railed bank and auto-sector bailouts as they were happening. Schiff believes that capitalism offers is the only hope for young, frustrated people to have a vibrant and prosperous future. So he went to Occupy Wall Street to engage and debate the protesters.
Touring the Occupy Wall Street scene in New York with a sign that read "I Am the 1%, Let's Talk," Schiff spent more than three hours on the scene, explaining the difference between cronyism and capitalism, bailouts and balance sheets, and more.
"The regulation we want is the market," said Schiff. "That's what works."
Schiff describes himself as "sympathetic" to the plight of the OWS protesters, but thinks their anger is misdirected at legitimate business interests and should be better at the White House, Congress, the Federal Reserve, and the crony capitalists they've bailed out.
Check out Schiff's Euro Pacific Capital at www.europac.net
Listen to his radio show online at www.schiffradio.com
Buy his latest book, How an Economy Grows and Why it Crashes, at http://www.amazon.com/How-Economy-Gro...
Produced by Anthony L. Fisher. Camera by Nathan Chaffetz.
Runs about 19 minutes. Go to Reason.tv for downloadable versions of our videos and subscribe to Reason.tv's YouTube channel for automatic notification when new material goes live online.
For a two-minute version, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZr9c1...
For Reason's coverage of the Occupy movement in New York, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, and elsewhere, go to http://reason.com/topics/occupy-wall-...
Here's a playlist of Reason.tv's always expanding video coverage of the Occupy movement: http://www.youtube.com/user/ReasonTV#...
Standard YouTube License
- 1:07:54 A Brand new politics: Russell Brand interview with Mehdi Hasanby The Huffington Post UK Featured 169,916
- Peter Schiff 656 videos94K
- 1:48:29 Peter Schiff at Occupy Wall Street: Full Version, Almost 2 Hours Long!by ReasonTV154,635 views
- 1:16:48 Peter Schiff - Market Crash 2014 | London Realby London Real15,429 views
- 1:48:29 Peter Schiff educates misguided people at occupy wall street.by us chronicle34,325 views
- 1:16:27 Why the Meltdown Should Have Surprised No One | Peter Schiffby misesmedia357,876 views
- 14:03 Peter Schiff Owning Everyone's Ass on C-spanby elaknalon23172,621 views
- 28:15 Peter Schiff - The Real Crash: America's Coming Bankruptcy - @Cambridge House Live - June 4, 2012by Cambridge House130,868 views
- 14:38 Peter Schiff Schools Clueless Liberals on the Federal Reserveby djgabrielpresents72,351 views
- 14:31 Peter Schiff argues against three typical liberals on CNN's Fareed Zakaria's GPS - Full Interviewby Peter Schiff139,540 views
- 15:14 Peter Schiff talks about Michael Mooreby 604johny119,401 views
- 6:14 Cenk Uygur (With Incisive Questioning) Makes Ron Paul Put His Foot Into His Own Mouthby SchittReport86,747 views
- 1:12:41 Peter Schiff Mortgage Bankers Speech Nov/13/06by Peter Schiff196,688 views
- 10:00 Clueless Obama Supporters at Occupy Wall Street Protest - Adam Kokesh Reportsby Original1001BG70,522 views
- 5:22 Democrats Shamefully support Occupy Wall Streetby DefeatObamaCampaign117,222 views
- 10:47 Peter Schiff "The 1%" Debates Occupy Wallstreetby Sharif Matar25,306 views
- 18:24 Peter Schiff at Occupy Wall Sreet 10-27-11by PenguinProseMedia4,169 views
- 7:12 Bill Maher Makes Fun Of Peter Schiff's Laughable 'Cut Taxes For The Rich = Job Creator' Spinby SchittReport122,421 views
- 6:52 Peter Schiff: Why the Government Should Not Be in the Student Loan Businessby Common Sense Capitalism57,574 views
- 1:09:18 Peter Schiff: How gov't stimulus spending & deficits impact capital markets (Full Version)by Peter Schiff43,340 views