Autistic girl with DiGeorge Syndrome memorized Coppelia Ballet!!!!!!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 19, 2012
It takes more than a village to raise a special needs child. For more information on Clara Bergs and opportunities to provide support, see:
Or donate directly to:
We knew Clara loved the Coppelia ballet, but little did we know she memorized the whole thing! She performed this solely from memory!
This is just a small snippet of her dancing to it. We would see her doing some ballet moves around the house thinking it was ballet moves she learnt in ballet class, till one day someone decided to whip out a computer and compare her moves to that of the Coppelia ballerina, and, VOILA, we realized she memorized it, and can dance it!
Clara has been diagnosed with DiGeorge Syndrome and Autism. She spent her first 16 months in hospital, has gone through multiple surgeries since she was two weeks due to the complications with her syndrome. Before she was two, we noticed that she had difficulty connecting with people, was in a world of her own, and two years later she was also diagnosed with autism. Clara also had a lot of physical complications, and could not walk till she was four. She never spoke until she was six.
Doctors told us when she was born to forget about her - we could just have another baby...but we couldn't give up. Never underestimate your child's potential!
Clara thrived in the Intensive Multi Treatment Intervention program (see http://www.jalderson.com), based in Toronto, and has blossomed into a lively dancing queen who always loves an audience!!!
Join Clara's facebook group at:
Read about Clara in the book, "Challenging the Myths of Autism" (pg 199) by Jonathan Alderson, http://www.JAlderson.com and you can get a copy at http://promo.challengethemyths.com/
Sincere thanks to the Australian Ballet Company who have allowed us to use this segment in Clara's video, specifically:
THE AUSTRALIAN BALLET
Lisa Pavane - Swanilda
Colin Peasley - Dr Coppelius
Production devised and directed by George Ogilvie
Original Choreography Arthur Saint-Léon
Revised by Marius Petipa and Enrico Cecchetti
Additional Choreography Peggy van Praagh
Music Léo Delibes
Costume and set design Kristian Fredrikson
Lighting William Akers
Conductor Noel Smith
Orchestra the Australian Opera and Ballet Orchestra
Standard YouTube License
- 4:20 5 year old Kaylee doing Classical Ballet dance (Russian Ballet trained) Level 1/2by Kaylee's ChannelFeatured 7,489,831
- 1:55:42 Tchaikovsky: Swan Lake - The Kirov Balletby WarnerClassicsTV 2,150,143 views
- 1:15:41 Royal Ballet Daily Class (complete video) Royal Ballet LIVEby Royal Opera House 1,131,456 views
- 3:32 Clara's School Introduction Video!!!by Clara Bergs 13,619 views
- 24:59 Ballet, sweat and tearsby RTDocumentaries 14,487 views
- 2:13 Kathie Lee Gifford Asks Martin Short About Wife, Unaware She's Deadby movieTreilrz 84,087 views
- 9:13 Kathie Lee on SNL Spoof & Kristen Wiig's rendition of Everyone Has a Storyby srfup 504,429 views
- 9:53 Autistic Girl Expresses Unimaginable Intelligenceby kingstill88 10,116 views
- 0:31 All-New! -- "Millionaire" Week of May 6, 2013 Preview -- "Children's Miracle Network Hospitals"by millionaireTV 587 views
- 10:26 Raven Girl in rehearsal (The Royal Ballet)by RoyalOperaHouse 11,984 views
- 2:18 Ballet: Dancersby AnaheimBallet 12,101,225 views
- 3:46 Wine Pong vs. Kathie Lee Giffordby latenight 61,944 views
- 0:30 Kathie Lee Asks Martin Short How His Deceased Wife Is Doingby WN Medias 262,682 views
- 6:32 How to pancake your pointe shoes for a ballet performanceby mydancetv 2,732 views
- 3:05 BREAKING BARRIERS ON TODAY SHOW (March 4, 2013)by BreakingBarrierEvent 393 views
- 1:10:40 Dar Design Dialna Episode 5 - SOS Autismeby Dar Design 552 views
- 1:33 Alisha Captain class at The Ballet Series - Titanium - David Guettaby ProDancer123 2,183 views
- 12:03 Kathie Lee Gifford Makes Autistic Kid Cry on TVby TheEthanUllman 801,042 views
- 3:28 My new Suffolk Stellar Pointe shoes and tips for breaking them inby mydancetv 2,664 views
- 28:49 Pokemon Balletby Andrew Plotner 228,499 views
- Loading more suggestions...