Super Mario Living Room Proposal
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 11, 2010
My girlfriend, April, is a huge Super Mario fan, so when it came time to propose . . .
Wow! 1 million views! Thanks so much to everyone who watched our video! This moment was such a special one for us and we're so glad to be able to share it with so many people!
Q: How did you do the fireworks?
A: There was a projector set up in the hallway to the left, projecting the firework graphics from the game onto the wall. =)
Q: Did April and R.W. dress up as Mario and Peach for the wedding?
A: LOL--no. We are big fans of the game, but that's a little too extreme--even for us. (plus R.W. is a hardcore Luigi fan, and April's character of choice is Bowser Jr...that'd be one strange wedding!;) We did incorporate a few Mario Kart themed things into our reception, for fun--you can see a few pictures of that in our wedding slideshow, which is also on the SilvasRW channel. =)
Q: Doesn't Mario hit bricks with his fist?
A: No--not in Super Mario World. When he jumps in the air (not hitting a block) he puts his hand up by his head (looks like maybe he's holding his hat on?) but when hitting blocks, his hands are down.
Q: Are you sure April is really a fan of the game? She didn't even know how to hit the block!
A: Yes--she's crazy for the game and has been playing it for nineteen years now. She wasn't sure how this very special block worked, and wanted to be sure she didn't make any assumptions before she went for it. =)
Q: Are the walls painted like that??
A: No, the walls are actually covered in hundreds of 8 1/2" x 11" sheets of printer paper that were printed out and each taped to the walls by R.W.--he stayed up for two days straight getting everything ready!
We are coming up on our second anniversary on October 17th 2012, we're enjoying married life and getting lots of "parenting" practice with our puppy Milo. You can see videos of him on April's channel at youtube.com/RoosRil. :)
You can also find R.W. on Twitter (@SilvasRW)!
Thanks again all for the kind words and many many views! We're super appreciative! God bless!
April & R.W.
Standard YouTube License
- 34:03 Super Mario 3D World - World Mushroom (4-Player)by WiiRikeToPray108,903 views
- 33:22 Super Mario 3D World: World Crown (4-Player)by WiiRikeToPray76,666 views
- 4:34 Most Creative Proposal Everby jcassidy914886,029 views
- 36:08 New Super Mario Bros U Wii U - Part 1 World 1by cobanermani4569,856,459 views
- 4:31 Laci's Guide to ORGASMby lacigreen582,139 views
- 5 videos Play all Most Viewed YouTube Wedding Proposal Videos of 2011by YouTube
- 5:49 Epic Wedding Fails Compilationby ChristmasLights20133,382,574 views
- 4:44 Worst Marriage Proposal Everby matthew stromer2,564,057 views
- 24:52 Mario Party 9 - Every Boss Battle Minigameby Shaun76336,993,596 views
- 1:28:01 Double Wedding (2010)by Elisa Bennet3,079,950 views
- 9:31 Best marriage proposal ever!by rbretonnn2,410,312 views
- 3:41 Mario Kart: The Movie - Official Trailer [HD]by drcoolsex20,231,449 views
- 14:28 World's Most Beautiful Marriage Proposalby Ali Guler12,070,510 views
- 1:39 Meanest Marriage Proposal Ever!by Pranksters In Love4,003,323 views
- 8:33 The Most Romantic Proposal Ever - Most Romantic Wedding Proposal - Very Cute and creative ideaby entwine141,541,692 views
- 4:41 Cutest Marriage Proposal You'll Ever Seeby Datevitation1,679,118 views
- 7:13 Top 5 Marriage Proposal Failsby Orahmax2,121,624 views
- 6:59 Greatest Marriage Proposal EVER!!!by MattandGinny28,664,217 views
- 7:14 Borderlands Ending Cutscene w/ Final Boss Fightby Double1,266,087 views
- 3:11 I proposed by building a video game!by TheLadidida206,275 views