Makati City , PHILIPPINES
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 5, 2008
The City of Makati, or simply Makati, is one of the cities and municipalities that make up Metro Manila, the greater metropolitan area of the national capital of the Philippines. It is the major financial, commercial and economical hub in the Philippines, often referred to as the financial capital of the Philippines since many global companies have their offices and headquarters in the city. Makati is also home to the influential Makati Business Club and the Philippine Stock Exchange. Ayala Avenue, running through the heart of the central business district is often called the Wall Street of the Philippines.
Makati is noted for its highly cosmopolitan culture, also being a major cultural and entertainment hub in Metro Manila. Many expatriates live and work in the city. Makati is also home to many first-class shopping malls, which are located at Ayala Center and Rockwell Center. Makati also has the tallest buidlings in the Philippines like PBCOM Tower, G.T. International Tower.
The city also has many of the country's five-star hotels like The Peninsula Manila, the Shangri-La Hotel Makati and the Intercontinental Hotel Manila. Independent business travelers also benefit from budget hotels like the Saint Illian's Inn, El Cielito Inn, The Copa Businessman's Hotel, and The City Garden Suites, while serviced apartments like The Salcedo Suites, Fraser Place Manila, The Sunette Tower, and The Oxford Suites are gaining in popularity among business-minded travelers as well.
Makati came from the Tagalog word kati, which means tide. This primarily refers to the rise and ebb of the tide of the Pasig River on the city's northern border. The city was also known as San Pedro Macati during the Spanish era.
Today the city is one of the most modern cities in the country and the Philippines' major global economic competitor in Asia. However, it faces challenges due to the disparate gap between the new city in the west, which contains the Central Business District, and the old city in the east, which is largely poor and where most of the city's slums are located.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Tears" on
- 15:41 Life On The Line - Philippinesby Journeyman Pictures149,629 views
- 8:44 Moving to the philippines???? Better think TWICE!!!by TechGunsSportsLOVER173,145 views
- 12:14 Cabalen Buffet Walkthrough at Glorietta Branchby Ted Claudio3,846 views
- 34 videos Play all Makati Video, Philippinesby Korg07Koi
- 8:06 CANYON WOODS - TAGAYTAY, PHILIPPINESby filclassichomes81,295 views
- 24:02 Living In The Philippines -- Life in Bogo City | Cebu Experienceby Rusty Ferguson115,635 views
- 11:03 Glorietta and Greenbelt Malls, Makati, Philippines PART 1/4by maximolucas10039,026 views
- 9:15 BF Homes Brandnew Mansion @ P13.9Mby Emiliano Ynchausti100,357 views
- 10:03 Ortigas Center , PHILIPPINESby BeauMeJe16,303 views
- 6:48 Travel Manila, Philippinesby erinegreen01433,962 views
- 10:26 Subic Twilight, Philippinesby RedNightCity292,833 views
- 7:41 Makati Avenue street sceneby WanderingBlindlyBlog17,986 views
- 2:41 Our 48 hours in Manila, Philippinesby travelwithamate137,646 views
- 5:07 Rockwell Center, Makati City,Philippinesby mihaelmihr27,369 views
- 4:12 Australian tv report on child prostitution in the Philippinesby David Wilkerson10,020 views
- 9:59 Taguig City , PHILIPPINESby BeauMeJe12,657 views
- 14:29 Makati City Tour , Philippinesby dedayification1,599 views
- 12:41 Glorietta and Greenbelt Malls, Makati, Philippines PART 3/4by maximolucas1005,349 views
- 4:58 Philippine Tourist Spotsby Bobot Masupot155,781 views
- 5:15 SM Mall of Asia, Pasay City, Philippinesby Andre Heroux51,459 views