"Obama vs. Romney, illusion of a choice"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 8, 2012
According to a Guardian article titled "The US presidential debates' illusion of political choice", contrary to what is commonly portrayed, the two US presidential candidates are in "full-scale agreement" on many of most consequential policies, leaving the American voters with "little choice" on Election Day. "Wednesday night's debate between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney underscored a core truth about America's presidential election season: the vast majority of the most consequential policy questions are completely excluded from the process," Glenn Greenwald wrote in the article published on Thursday.
The columnist on civil liberties and US national security said the exclusion is in large part "due to the fact that, despite frequent complaints that America is plagued by a lack of bipartisanship, the two major party candidates are in full-scale agreement on many of the nation's most pressing political issues." Every election in the United States is basically a "rigged referendum" in an incredibly corrupt system of war profiteers, funding war candidates in order to promote "endless war," says an analyst.
Press TV has conducted an interview with political analyst and writer, Linh Dinh, from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to discuss the elections in the US. The program featuring Dinh also offers the opinions of two other guests: managing director of AMT Capital Partners Mr. Mike Harris and Co-founder of the Muslim-Christian-Jewish Alliance, Dr. Kevin Barrett.
Follow our Facebook on: https://www.facebook.com/presstvchannel
Follow our Twitter on: http://twitter.com/presstv
Follow our Tumblr on: http://presstvchannel.tumblr.com
Standard YouTube License
- 26:05 Vicious cycle of the US Debt & Deficitby PressTVGlobalNews1,585 views
- 7:11 Turkey already waging war on Syria: Michael Chossudovskyby PressTVGlobalNews1,275 views
- 24:05 Lack of affordable health care in USby PressTVGlobalNews3,432 views
- 2:57 News Bulletin -- 16:00 GMTby PressTVGlobalNews557 views
- 36:01 Bill O'Reilly Interviews Bill Clintonby SamGreatUncle42,660 views
- 43:34 James Baldwin and Dick Gregory: "Baldwin's Nigger" (1969)by Malcolm X75,667 views
- 29:32 Myriam Francois-Cerrah - My Journey to Islamby uclisoc42,591 views
- 43:54 Amber Lyon (ex-CNN): "Fight censorship and the death of investigative Journalism".by LibertyArchives2620 views
- 19:39 John Moore - New Update - No Election this Fall - Financial Collapse - 08/29/12by wakeupyt21,702 views
- 17:03 Bob Jones: Prophetic Words - End-time Harvest, Global Prayer Movementby Stephen Nguyen12,793 views
- 10:42 Amber Lyon reveals CNN lies and war propagandaby AllTVNews506 views
- 48:36 Glenn Greenwald: Challenging the US Surveillance Stateby WeAreManyMedia14,275 views
- 26:11 Israel's future in light of swift global changesby AllDunyaNews717 views
- 11:48 Glenn Greenwald: "Zero question we live in a surveillance state."by TheAlyonaShow25,010 views
- 4:30 A Message to the U.S. Militaryby Billy Moschella, Jr.25,662 views
- 2:14:45 With Liberty and Justice for Some: Glenn Greenwald at the University of Missouriby Civil Freedoms .NCPCF219 views
- 6:26 Gangs In Government: Jesse Ventura On The DemoCRIPS and ReBLOODlicansby Roland Martin18,896 views
- 5:44 Ex-CNN Reporter, Amber Lyon - US Media Pushing To Sell War on Iran [Mirorred]by maalaea402 views
- 3:32 Goals of young prodigy Richmond Boakye-Yiadomby Ibrahim Ridwan Asante26,223 views
- 7:16 MSNBC - Morning Joe Crew (8 Oct 2012) - THE Debate Was Obama's "Emperor Has No Clothes" Momentby ObamaWinAmericaLoses470 views
- Loading more suggestions...