Kitten Marshmallow: 4 weeks old and counting
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 2, 2012
Marshmallow was born on March 1st with low birth weight (~60% of the normal expected weight at about 66g or 2.3 oz). A month later, Marshy is breaking one pound, about 7 times the birthweight. At this point, we're just thankful that she's made it through the first month. What a blessing she is.
Below are some notable changes in Marshy's behavior:
She refuses to stay in her nest box, rebelliously clawing and crying murder when she is placed there. Marshy is also able to regulate her body temperature better now to the point where she no longer needs a heating pad or "rice socks" to keep warm when mama Mochi is not around. We used to place a heating pad beneath the nest box to cover about ½ of the surface area, so Marshy could keep warm, but also move off the heated area if she felt hot.
With her head held high and steady, Marshmallow has become more photogenic as well, often times staring curiously straight into one's eyes, a move that would melt any stone heart.
Marshmallow's developing curiosity drives her to walk a whole lot more to explore the seemingly vast world in front of her. It's amazing to witness her stumbling movements refine into a more stable gait as her hind legs and coordination strengthen and improve to match her front paws. To keep her safe when unsupervised, we have set up a couple of playpens so Marshy can walk "freely" without worries. Besides starting to walk about at a faster pace, she has also picked up scratching and chewing on objects.
Marshmallow loves to interact with her humans, claiming our laps with her naps, climbing up our shirts, playfully grasping our fingers, and sending sweet meows our way.
Maintaining a fluffy hairstyle is not easy. So to keep her coat clean and fluffy, Marshy has instinctively started self-grooming, licking her paws, body, and even wiping her face clean. Of course mama Mochi is around to put on the final touches of tongue baths.
More Pictures at:
Standard YouTube License
- 2:09 Marshmallow Kitten Development at 3 Weeks Oldby sweetfurx4296,023 views
- 3:30 Kitten Marshmallow Too Busy Playing ( Week 7)by sweetfurx4218,476 views
- 1:27 Soda Box Kittenby sweetfurx4533,181 views
- 1:00 Newborn Kitten Marshmallow - Day 12 - Peeking Eyeby sweetfurx4143,628 views
- 0:58 Fattest Cat in the World: Massive Moggie Garfield Takes The Title Of World's Fattest Catby Barcroft TV2,569,033 views
- 8:01 猫っ風呂 - Cat Shampoo -by モアクリ695,965 views
- 0:58 Cat loves Baby AWWby mihaifrancu7,559,856 views
- 6:17 Animals Can Be Jerks - Supercut Compilation 2013!by FRlKK24,947,763 views
- 1:03 Red Lobster Waitress Attacked For Bringing Wrong Orderby DollabiIIz2277,979 views
- 1:42 #FrequentNapping by @MarleyKatz Cat iPad Paintingby CaptionCatLu1,580,010 views
- 17:28 Cold War Jets 30th May 2010by blizzardthewatcher940,058 views
- 11:19 Tomy/Trackmaster T&F Season 3 - Episode 5: Hector The Horrid!by thenewtrainboy541,148,125 views
- 2:01 Kittens Make Friends with Guinea Pig | Too Cuteby Animal Planet1,440,690 views
- 2:43 Kitten Marshmallow: Climbing to new heights (Weeks 10 & 11)by sweetfurx4158,527 views
- 0:33 Jumbo Teacup Kittenby sweetfurx41,111,984 views
- 2:17 Kitten Marshmallow - The Art of Roughhousing (Weeks 8 & 9)by sweetfurx4109,508 views
- 1:37 Cute Persian kittens: the "I" Litter 1 of ? - 7.10.11by Mythicbells713,525 views
- 1:17 The funniest kitten in the worldby Cupiinvasion15,275,811 views
- 1:08 Kitten Excited to say Hi to new Friendby sweetfurx4848,478 views
- 1:04 Cute Exotic Shorthair Kitten making his Bedby sweetfurx41,890,700 views
- Loading more suggestions...