How do you decide whether you should be worried about communicable diseases like measles, polio, or HPV? University of Michigan’s Professor Brian Zikmund-Fisher returns to Risk Bites to explain the "availability heuristic" – the way we all use our memory and feelings to inform our risk perceptions about infectious diseases.
A seven-part series of short videos on the opportunities and challenges presented by advanced materials - including engineered nanomaterials.
1. A Brief History of Materials
2. Designer materials and 20th Century Innovation
3. Advanced Designer Materials
4. Are Advanced Materials Safe?
5. What makes an Advanced Material Harmfiul?
6. Novel Behavior and Novel Risk
7. Advanced Materials, and Safety by Design