Adventure travel is a type of tourism, involving exploration or travel to remote, exotic and possibly hostile areas.
Adventure travel may be any tourist activity, including two of the following three components: a physical activity, a cultural exchange or interaction and engagement with nature.
Adventure tourism gains much of its excitement by allowing its participants to step outside of their comfort zone.
Kayaking is the use of a kayak for moving across water. Kayaking is differentiated from canoeing by the fact that they use a two bladed paddle. Another major difference is in the way the paddler sits in the boat. Kayakers sit in a seat on the bottom of the boat with their legs extended out in front of them. Canoers will either sit on an elevated bench seat or kneel directly on the bottom of the boat.
Climbing, broadly speaking, is the act of ascending steep rock formations. Normally, climbers use gear and safety equipment specifically designed for the purpose. Strength, endurance, and mental control are required to cope with tough, dangerous physical challenges, and knowledge of climbing techniques and the use of essential pieces of gear and equipment are crucial.
Restaurants & Pubs
Rated over 4 criteria: A scale of 0 to 25 gives a total over 4 criteria out of 100. Cost reflects our estimate of the price of dinner for 2 with one drink each and tip. Price is indicated as follows:
• Food & Drink
• Décor & Ambience
• Value for Money • 21-25...extraordinary to perfection
• 16-20...very good to excellent
• 11-15...good to very good
• 6-10...fair to good
• 0-5...poor to fair • VE...Very Expensive - £66 or more
• E...Expensive - £41-£65
• M...Moderate - £26-£40
• I...Inexpensive - £25 and below
If SHTF and you need to GOOD, you will need a good bug out vehicle. To get to your destination you may experience obstacles like difficult terrain, bad weather, debris in the road etc. Let's explore what makes a good bug out vehicle.
Aim for Gear with more than one Use and overlap in your kit selection
Each tool and peace of kit requires carful selection.
Benefits of opting for kit that is multi functional:
• Reducing the weight of your outfit -- this can have a huge impact on how far and how comfortably you hike. To cut your packs weight try to select gear that can be used in a number of situations.
• You should get an over lap as Two is one, one is none. A mantra from the Navy Seals and is in no means an excuse for carrying extra gear, but rather a practice in redundancy.
The following needs to be considered:
1. Does the multifunction item actually weigh less than the single purpose items it replaces
2. Does the multifunction item actually do the functions all as well or at least well enough
3. Are all of the functions actually necessary, if not is the item lighter than the single purpose items that it replaces that are actually necessary
4. Are any problems created by the multifunction item? For example do you need it for two different purposes at the same time or will the item be wet or dirty from one use when it is needed for another
After considering all of that, some multipurpose items make sense and others not. Also the answer is not necessarily a simple straight forward one.
Bottom line... Consider multipurpose items but consider everything and only use them when they make sense.