Try chef David's unexpected – but delicious – topping combination. His recipe makes two pizzas for six people. Make sure your oven is as hot as it will go and your baking tray is preheated properly to ensure your pizza has a lovely crisp base rather than a soggy one!
250g strong flour
250g Morrisons 00 flour
1 tsp salt
1x7g sachet of fast action dried yeast
300ml tepid water
50ml extra virgin olive oil
Fine semolina for dusting
For the topping
180g smoked streaky bacon,cut into small pieces
6 tbsp Morrisons NuMe 3% fat crème fraîche
4 tbsp Parmesan, grated
1 large clove garlic, crushed
6 cooked baby potatoes, about 350g,sliced into 1⁄2cm rounds
1 courgette, peeled into ribbons
2 large sprigs rosemary, leaves only
60g Bavarian smoked cheese, grated
1. Heat the oven to 230°C/210°C fan/Gas 8 or as hot as it will go. To make the pizza base, mix both flours together with the salt and yeast and tip onto a clean surface.
2. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour three quarters of the water and all the oil into it. Start mixing to bring the dough together, adding more water if needed.
3. Keep mixing and kneading the dough until it looks smooth and the surface is clean. The dough should be springy and tacky to touch but not sticky – this can take up to 20 minutes.
4. Rest in a covered bowl until the dough has increased by one third in size. Depending on the temperature of your kitchen this can take between 30 minutes and 2 hours. (Or, if you’d prefer, leave the dough in your fridge overnight but bring it up to room temperature about 30 minutes before using.)
5. After proving, punch the dough once or twice to remove air pockets and divide into 2 pieces. Dust your work surface with a mixture of flour and fine semolina. Shape your 2 pizza bases as you wish, using your hands to stretch out the dough and leaving a little rim around the edge. Place each base on a sheet of baking paper.
6. For the topping use a non-stick frying pan to cook the bacon for 4 -5 minutes until just golden. Meanwhile, mix together the crème fraîche , Parmesan and garlic. Spread each base with the crème fraîche mixture, leaving a thin border around the edge.
7. Scatter over the potato rounds and the bacon. Top with the strips of courgette, then scatter with the rosemary and grated smoked cheese.
8. Place on a preheated baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes, turning round halfway through to give an even bake.
Each serving contains: Energy 2585kJ 616kcal (31%); Fat 25g (36%); Saturates 11.1g (56%); Sugars 2.5g (2.8%); Salt 2.3g (38%)